Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wisconsin builders?

hgbben

I didn't find anything that I needed or wanted at the show today. I did buy a couple vintage magazines though. We did go for wings afterwards at Hooters and then stopped at the "Empire" and Greenfield. I only picked up a couple of sanding sticks. Then it was a loooong ride home as part of the interstate was closed due to a huge multi-vehicles wreck.

• 2 weeks later...

The S.L.A.M. club meeting held today at Rickie's Rods in Lake Delavan, Wisconsin was great! We had reps from IWATA demonstrating their products as well as letting us try them out. There was great food, a free raffle, and lots of great camaraderie. It was also a "build 'n bull" session with a lot of bull today and very little building. LOL!

I was at Rickie Rods and bought some parts, sold a '56 Corvette Impala, ate sloppy Joe, and tried out the pistol grip air brush during John's Iwata demo. My tag even had wisdonm on it.

Next month they want you to bring the # of started, but unfinished kits that you have.

Edited by wisdonm

I was at Rickie Rods and bought some parts, sold a '56 Corvette Impala, ate sloppy Joe, and tried out the pistol grip air brush during John's Iwata demo. My tag even had wisdonm on it.

Next month they want you to bring the # of started, but unfinished kits that you have.

Number of started and unfinished???? Ouch, that's about half of my collection!!!! LMBO

Nothing model related for Xmas for me. Need to get this months GN&H coupon printed up for a trip there and/or Model Empire this weekend. Thinking about a Basswood "lumber" purchase for a garage diorama project. With the lack of motivation I pretty much set aside all car building except for one. Just need to do something totally different for a change of pace.

Lack of motivation? Do I know what that is and right now I'm at ZERO motivation. I'm sure it'll pass as I still visit the model cars websites daily, go to model car club meetings, and such. And I also look forward to the upcoming Milwaukee NNL on April 12th, 2014 whether I have anything new to bring or not. I'll soon be repainting my build room/den also.