Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 1/2 Camaro - Full front bumper conversion?

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of the recent AMT 1970 1/2 Camaro kits. They have the split front bumper. Is there any conversion kits to convert the front bumper over to a full front bumper? Does the grille & nose need to be replaced as well. Does anyone make resin aftermarket parts?

I want to build a few transam race cars & they all had the full front bumper. Any ideas or any info to point me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hi I wanted to do the same thing.Dencon did have it but I order one 2 years ago and i am still watting for it.I went to Modelhaus Don has the bumper and grill and the front lights and the hood you will have to do some body work but you will get your parts and they will be chrome in 4 to 6 weeks no problem.Also the old spotlighthobby.com look under unbuilt kits 1970/79 and he has about 9 kits all org i am thinking of just going that rout good luck.

Hi thanks for the info. How much body work is needed using the modelhaus parts? By any chance do you have a photo showing the modelhaus parts on the new release AMT camaro body? Any more infor would be great, thanks.

I had a look at spotlight hobbies. There was on 1 kit there & quite expensive.

• 7 months later...

Interesting.......IIRC he left a few people waiting for orders last year, wonder if he made good on the deal? I bought some of his 4x4 conversion parts at a show, nice stuff.

Another alternative is Reliable Resin,scale auto enthusiast Oct 2009 in the Bench Racer column covers the trans am conversion you want to do using his standard nose with the full width bumper.But on the down side there has been numerous threads about how R.R. service is poor,delays and endless excuses,i'm just letting you know.

Respectfully Decon Resins has me hanging for no return on my dollars . I waited as he asked and gave him time to sort out Family issues including a Death . Many emails since and messages here ; no answer . So , I have made a spot in my AMC's for the '70 Javelin I never got . Empty spot that is with a little tag with his name . Had I known the future ... Thanx ..

Interesting.......IIRC he left a few people waiting for orders last year, wonder if he made good on the deal?

I wasn't gonna poke that hornet's nest again and be the one to ask, as search through this section using "Dencon" should suffice.

I do understand that some people are desperate, willing to take a huge chance, or willing to give a second chance, so that's why I posted the link. Maybe, just maybe, this'll lead to those who never got what they were supposed to, well, finally getting it. -_-

Respectfully Decon Resins has me hanging for no return on my dollars . I waited as he asked and gave him time to sort out Family issues including a Death . Many emails since and messages here ; no answer .

You might want to try PMing him again, as he has recently been logged into the forum:

dencon

Member Since 24 Mar 2009

OFFLINE Last Active Feb 23 2013 10:06 AM

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showuser=4277

I wasn't gonna poke that hornet's nest again and be the one to ask, as search through this section using "Dencon" should suffice.

I do understand that some people are desperate, willing to take a huge chance, or willing to give a second chance, so that's why I posted the link. Maybe, just maybe, this'll lead to those who never got what they were supposed to, well, finally getting it. -_-

It was my attempt at a subtle warning to others. I have only bought his product at a show and feel that way about many resin vendors as it is a great way to examine the item before spending the cash.