Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nascar, ya like the new car?

They might as well just go to a common body and just brand it by power plant.

I believe that is what Brian France would love to do anyway. Then Nascar could control it all pretty much as they would probably end up being the seller of the body.

They just need to throw in the towel and go to a sedan class of racing. Then at least they would be racing REAL production cars!

I thought the COT was a better looking race car than the one it replaced, especially when the spoiler came back and the original splitter was replaced. And this car is in turn much better looking than the COT. Excited to finally see some racing again - even though Daytona and plate racing is awful to watch.

It's a start. I don't care for any of current cars as a street car, but at least you can tell what brand car is what now just from looking at it. I think that was one of the major complaints from the manufacturer's with the COT...same car for everyone with only stickers and an engine to make them different. There was no brand recognition. Although, after watching practice runs and speeds/times today, I can hear Ford and Toyota complaining already that Chevy has some sort of aero advantage and NASCAR needs to do something to equal the cars. Sounds like something from the past all over again. :rolleyes:

I thought the COT & The previous car Were Generic bodies branded by engine!!!

They sure did NOT look like what they called them.

At least the few I have seen this month Almost Look like what they claim they are.

They Stopped being "Stock" cars Long ago!!!!

I gave up on Francecar right after we lost Alan Kulwicki and France started all those design rules!!

One rumor I've heard and read is that around the garage Richard Childress Racing RCR will be the new Dodge team. He says he's heard nothing but I've read it a couple of times on different forums...Would be nice. He's been with GM forever but would be a fresh start. He is #3 on GMs pecking order...Hendrick/Stewart Haas/RCR....Why not with a couple of new stars coming up...His grandsons....Sure hope so...

One rumor I've heard and read is that around the garage Richard Childress Racing RCR will be the new Dodge team. He says he's heard nothing but I've read it a couple of times on different forums...Would be nice. He's been with GM forever but would be a fresh start. He is #3 on GMs pecking order...Hendrick/Stewart Haas/RCR....Why not with a couple of new stars coming up...His grandsons....Sure hope so...

Can't really see RCR leaving Chevrolet, they've had far too much success with them over the years. As far as pecking order, I would count Hendrick and S/H as one team, as they are sharing pretty much everything, with RCR in second.

One thing I could see happening (and this was mentioned on some of the sites) is Ganassi going to Dodge, considering that the roots of that team (Evernham) is where Dodge started when they came back to Nascar.

Would that be if Dodge decides not to pull out of NASCAR afterall?

Can't really see RCR leaving Chevrolet, they've had far too much success with them over the years. As far as pecking order, I would count Hendrick and S/H as one team, as they are sharing pretty much everything, with RCR in second.

One thing I could see happening (and this was mentioned on some of the sites) is Ganassi going to Dodge, considering that the roots of that team (Evernham) is where Dodge started when they came back to Nascar.

I don't know where you think any kind of connection between Ganassi and Evernham ever existed. Richard Petty Motorsports was what Evernham Racing merged with. Ganassi was one of several teams that did sign on with Dodge when they returned to Nascar in 2001. Dodge said last year when Penske signed with Ford that they wanted a top tier team to sign up, Ganassi is FAR from a top tier team. If Ganassi was the best they could do they would be better off leaving Nascar completely as they already have.

I love the new cars, so much better then the COT, they look at more like their production counter parts , I think this is a step in the right direction to getting NASCAR back to what it once was, but there is still a very long road to go, next step, get rid of Brian France

To start out, Dodge has not confirmed they are going to return in 2014, Ralph Gilles (head of SRT) said he would like to return in 2014, but it all depends on many things

There will be a Dodge running in the Nationwide series at Daytona, and yes, teams can still run the Dodge Challenger in the Nationwide series for the next few years, but of course, no support from Dodge.

On the Gen6 car, for the few people that that like NASCAR on this forum that have replied, lets not judge the new car off of the racing at Daytona, how the new car races , and if its going to make the racing better will come all the other tracks.

Ford, Chevy, Toytoa are providing pieces of the cars, and I believe those stamped pieces of the body are the same as the street cars, yes, just like Harry Hogg said, there aint nothin stock about a stock car.

Everenham and Gillette now have nothing to do with RPR...There are two other owners which I cannot remember their names with Richard Petty there as
a NAME per say. Ray is now working with Hendrick Motorsports again and Gillette is gone. Thanks for that...

Andy Murstein, Doug Bergeron are the other owners of RPM(Richard Petty Motorsports)

Now that I watched the race(replied before I watched it), there is something yall's have to keep in mind about the race, first off, this is the first race with this car, and the big thing is this, race teams dont have that many of the Gen6 car built yet, so that is a big factor, plus, this is just a exhibition race, no point in going out and racing and wrecking cars when there is already a shortage of races cars to begin with.

I believe the drivers were somewhat sandbagging to a point.

The teams have to wait on the manufacturers to get body parts, and they are having a hard time producing the parts fast enough for the teams to build the cars.

And my last point, its not going to be a great race when you only have twelve cars on the track.

I'm done with NASCAR. I stopped liking the cars back about 1988 when they all started looking like 200mph eggs. :(

Dont take this as anything other then a question, So you stopped liking NASCAR because the cars stopped being bricks?, the street cars stopped being bricks as well, I am betting you dont like the styling of new cars(production cars) either?

Edited by martinfan5

If I had to complain about Nascar, the car would not be on my short list of things to rant about. I have hated every rules change that has been made over the past 10 years. Nascar was doing great 10 years ago and the stands were full. But then they tried to spice things up and in the process dumbed down the sport one stupid rule after another. Fabricated entertainment is not entertaining. The Chase, Lucky Dog, Green-White-Checker finishes, double wide restarts - all stupid IMO. But at the end of the day, I'm a huge Nascar fan. Now however, Formula 1 and NHRA are right there at the top of my list of favorite sports.