Model Cars Magazine Forum

fireball modelworks carbs

Just recieved my quadrajet carbs from Chief Joesph, all i can say is wow!!! Can finally remove the aircleaners from my stock gm builds. These things look like he took a real carb and shrunk them, incredible! How about some Holley square bores like this??

just a suggestion, of course, for all of us mopar lovers that HATE those hunks of styrene on top of the hemi, your next undertaking should be the carter 750 thermoquads. I am not a carb expert and don't really know if these can pass for the thermobogs or not. your web page says "ROCHESTER" were as the ones on the hemi are "CARTERS" they look pretty darn close to me. any help on this?

just a suggestion, of course, for all of us mopar lovers that HATE those hunks of styrene on top of the hemi, your next undertaking should be the carter 750 thermoquads. I am not a carb expert and don't really know if these can pass for the thermobogs or not. your web page says "ROCHESTER" were as the ones on the hemi are "CARTERS" they look pretty darn close to me. any help on this?

Carter built Quadrajets under license for GM, but the Thermoquad was a Carter-designed unit. They look more like a Qjet than they do a Holley, but there is enough difference that even at 1/25 scale a Qjet could not substitute for a thermoquad. I would be more than willing to make one, assuming i could get enough references or an actual core.

If I had one sitting around it would have already been done, LOL. It is quite a bit easier to make a model of something when you have one in your hands.

Want me to mail you a beat Holley? I've been known to do something crazy like that…… :rolleyes:

Seriously, if that's all you need just say the word. I have access to goodies. B)

WOW! Those Quadrajets are Beautiful! As a 1:1 Stock Eliminator Drag Racer I like to build lots of Stockers and Super Stockers where you can't hide carburetors under air cleaner... I will buy those soon for sure.

So.... Thank You for making those carbs!