Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 Olds-Pic -DONE 3/1/13

slammedi'am

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Looks a ton better than my first time flocking, that's for sure. The Cordova brown is a great color on that body, it looks killer.

What did you use for your flocking to get it to stick? I was using mildly diluted white glue but switched to 3M adhesive. Only draw back and having to do quite a bit of taping sometimes to keep it off unwanted areas.

I'm very impressed with how nice the color and wheels go together. I never thought of trying modern wheels but this really works for me. The interior is looking great. The best thing for applying flocking is to "rain" the flocking down on wet paint or glue with a small screened stainer like used for baking. The strainer gets rid of any lumps that may be in the flocking.

Your Olds looks great. Interior work is right on! Rich approved and he used to be the King of Flock back in the old days!

Funny to see the Duplicolor Cordova brown metallic paint. I had a can from the $1 paint sale at Ollies a while back, and needed a dark brown for the fenders of my '28 Citroen panel. I sprayed it and WOW! What a great color. I made a note that I needed to do a whole car with it. And man, it looks great on your Olds!

IMG_3016-vi.jpg

Here's the Cordovan brown on my panel. It's just the fenders, the body is cream colored.