Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey George, How's The Construction Comming ?

Guest Gramps-xrds

Guest Gramps-xrds

That's great news George. Looks like you'll be real busy this summer. Just take your time and don't get over exerted. As for my work, well it sorta came to a standstill right now. I got the pump bases pretty well done, but I ran into a small problem w/ the globes for the tops. I made pumps in 1/32 scale for my sons race track dio w/ no problems but I used evergreen 3/8 tube and bondo for the globes but that's to small for 1/25. I needed something 9/16 or 5/8 for this scale and couldn't find anything. I tried heating .030 sheet and stretching it over a wood buck but I ended up burning my fingers a bit, so I gave up on that idea. It would work though. While messing around in the garage I was looking through my drawing table and found an old dried up majic marker that was the right size. I took a tubing cutter and cut the rims for it then used a 5/8 hole punch and some aluminum sheet and made the faces. It looks just about right, but then I found out I have no usable CA for them so I'll have to wait till I get some to finish. Oh well. Right now I'm babysitting my 4 yr old grandson. I enjoy him immensely. He's a papaws boy. I'll get them done soon though. I hope lol.

You take care now.