Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wisconsin builders?

hgbben

I'm already "stocked up" Ben and Greenfield is 50 miles from my house. A few years ago when gas prices were reasonable, I used to love driving up to the "Empire" and Greenfield just to checkout what they have and also stop at Hooters on Layton for a bite as well. Well the Hooters has been gone for awhile and now Greenfield will be gone as well. SAD news.

I was just there last week...GN&H. Things are thinning out already. Thought they were just wiped out a little on stock from Christmas. I even talked to Jay for a few minutes and he didn't mention the closing at all. Just hope the same fate doesn't happen to Model Empire. I've talked to Alex when I was looking for a job. For them, about the only reason they are able to keep the doors open is internet sales. Otherwise, they'd be long gone or strictly internet/catalog sales.

Yes it has Nick. I just got back from GN&H a few minutes ago. I didn't get to talk to Jay, but talked to Ray in the model department and it looks like March 31st will be the last day of 50 years in operation. So, not that it'll make a difference in the end, I've been eying this for a while since someone posted it in another post. I bit the bullet and bought it...the 1/10th scale K-5 Blazer R/C kit. I think it'll make a nice little winter project.

post-9116-0-46077800-1420321640_thumb.jp

Edited by The70judgeman

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind working it, but when it's forced I don't like it. I don't have much of a life outside of here but I have one. Now they are talking they want us to work 12 hour days with Saturdays. If that happens I might be looking for something else.... I get up at 4am leave the house at 4:15, get home after an 8 hour day at 4:10. If I worked 12's I wouldn't ge home till 8pm....... Don't think so!!!!!!! :(