Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coming soon....Model King 1957 Police car kit!

Dave Van

Can anyone tell me if the Mass troopers had a red or blue globe on the roof light back then.

The beacon used by the Mass SP in 1957 was a Federal model 17, blue to the front and red to the rear. It was a split dome.

Research this page and it show a 1965 Ford with this configuration. The 1957 was the same way...go about half way down the page to see the description...

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeopzls/policecars/id11.html

Oh one more thing, real 1:1 paint aside, what should be used for the colors? I was going with a regular baby blue but it appears to be slightly on the gray side.

G

The blues used are called Electric Blue and French Blue. Testors and Humbrol both offer French Blue, although I don't think either are particularly close to the Massachusetts cruisers; if I had to pick one, I'd say use the Humbrol which is a tad closer. Tamiya also has a French Blue spray.

For the Electric Blue, I'd start with Testors Bright Blue #10 Pla enamel (the little bottles,) and add a little black.

Or, MCW can make you a bottle of each.

Charlie Larkin

i second the hope that there will be inside spotlight handles.other items that would be nice would be a roof light in clear,that way it can just be painted with tamiya paints however you wanted it,a seperate "rubber gasket" for under the light would be even better.and some decent rear window lights,also with clear lenses. an early radar setup. some realistic antennas with correct bases.an early shotgun with a rack.a huge fender mounted siren.some unique agency decals would be great,tired of the same old stuff. well,i do have a weakness for this car in the mass.state police colors!!

I have a Question.

Will we get the Clear Backup bullitts for the center of the tail lights? or will they just be copies

of AMT's solid clear red piece with the Too Large center bullitt in place of the Optional backup light??

Yea, I know I can grind off the center and replace it with a clear bullit, but,

there are Very Few kits with a clear bullit the Correct size/shape!!

I know, I have an AMY Fairlane 500 I am converting to Convertible and have added the clear backup light.

I do not remember what kit the clear piece came from though.

(I build taking 20+ YEARS will do that!!!!)

HI, I am Finally able to post again.

Lost the Net last Aug due to my Modem dying.

Just got it replaced Tuesday.

Had to change my email addy for here .

Inbox closed my account for "Inactivity"

How do I get those emails back??

I hope the Beacon (And any other emergency light lenses/domes) are Clear too!

I would love that VSP combination Light/siren in the kit.

Not sure if MY MSD (MARYLAND) used Fords then, but can find out.

I HAVE to get a couple of this one myself!!!!

My email for here is at Mail.com now.

Edited by Edsel-Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job, Sven!

Looking forward to the arrival of the case or so* I've ordered.

(*Option on additional.)

Question: What are the agency names on (1) the 7-point start with balled tips in the upper right corner (next to "BORDER PATROL"), (2) the "POLICE" shield under the Mayberry-style Sheriff stars, and (3) the fire department maltese crosses?

{PS: You are probably already aware that "BATTALION" is misspelled, right? I presume that's being fixed before production.}

Thanks for a great job!

B)

What website has these on pre order? I can't seem to find it listed in any of my usual sites.

Not aware of any websites taking pre-orders yet, although Spotllight would be a good bet.

{I'm plugged into a secret direct-smuggling ring. Vito and Vinnie and the South-Siders sneak a few cases outta da trucks. ;) }

B)

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's hope thatthese sell like hotcakes so that the manufacturers will all get the idea that modellers want more than muscle cars! The box art is one of the best examples that I have ever seen and I'll be scooping some of these kits! One for sure will be a vintage RCMP cruiser.. . What extra police specific parts are included that are not with the Custom kit? This kit is MOST welcome!!!.Now, how about a wagon and a Ranchero.. and maybe a '57 Fairlane 500 convertible?

applause-1.gif