Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID Quiz #36 FINISHED!

.......Thats for sure Jim.....its actually more uglier than my '61 Vair...... :lol:

That's not hard to do. Almost every car made over the past 30 years is uglier than a '61 Corvair, and many of the ones before then too. The Mystery Car is, well, I'm not going to drop any hints about it's age by saying if it's newer or older than 30 years! ;)

A lot of you guys got this one right... sort of.

Most of you got either the name wrong, or the model year(s) wrong, but you were "close enough" so I gave you credit. Only a couple of you actually were 100% correct... it's a 1951-53 Holden Model 50-2106. Many of you called it an "FX" or a "ute," both of which are not the correct name (but seems to be widely used). And many of you got the model year wrong. The Holden sedan debuted in 1948, but this truck, which was based on that sedan (the Holden 48), didn't come along until January 1951.

Who got it right (more or less):

mark taylor

MIKE THE MANIAC

carsntrucks4you

Badluck 13

Draggon

Chris R

Nitro Neil

customsrus

modelmartin

Joe Handley

my66s55

Corvair Jim

Junkman

mr chips

Drgon63

trogdor

maltsr

Ryan S

prostockmaniac

You are correct Harry. By going to the web site I referenced and right clicking the heading "Holden Cars History" you get the history of the Holden and it clearly states that production didn't start until 1951. The 1948 pictured, as it is on another site, was apparently a prototype and differed by the lack of the parking lights. The 1948 FX,1953 FJ,1958 FC etc. seem to indicate the model. If a person takes a minute and reads the history they will learn that, written under the year 1948 the model's engineering prefix 48-215 is named FX so that you could tell it from it's successor. I believe that Joe's question "I wonder if that is the name of that body style or generation of truck, kinda like Jeep does with their vehicles (XJ, MJ, ZJ, WJ, TJ, JK, ect.)" is answered by the information on this web site. As far as a 1948 Holden FX ute, I believe I have offered my interpretation of that also.