Model Cars Magazine Forum

DAF Question

jim

the difference is the cab

you have space cab and super space cab ,its have a higher roof than the old space cab

in the beginning you have comfort cab - than space cab [ high roof ] and than super space cab [more high roof ] have drive self on the daf xf 105 space cab for a couple of years , nice truck , full automatic , no clutch pedal [ in the beginning its was very stranche ]

look at google and you find a lot of pictures and difference

hope its help

jacobus

As said before its just the roof cap.

The model XF is the flagship for DAF trucks and there are 3 cab sises to chose from, depending the job the truck is doing.

1) The smaller is the sleeper cab (flat top), flat floor, one bed, mostly used for national or just local trips.

2) The midle cab Space cab (stand up), one or two beds, flat floor, more space and closets, mostly used for national or international trips.

3) The Super Space cab (stand up) (floor to roof more than 2 meters high), one or two beds, flat floor, more space, more closets, dedicated for international, or if you want many days trips. If I am correct the Super space cab was the biggest and cab in EU for many-many years.

You could classify cabs in proportion to those of Peterbilt as follows: DAF Sleeper - 36'' sleeper, DAF Space cab - 63'' stand up sleeper, DAF Super Space cab - 70'' sleeper.

Of course it all depents also to the owner operator and his pocket. For example, here in Greece there are many-many owners using the super space cab doing tranzit all over Europe and at the other hand there are others who hauls ship cans around, their biggest trip is up to 500klms and also use the same cab.

IMO, it is crasy to buy a truck with the biggest cab to do the job you can do with a day cab.

Hope that helps.

Kostas.

Thanks, guys. I did some digging when I got back to my computer (original post was from my phone), and I found the PDF Info Sheet describing the Space Cab & Super Space Cab.

http://www.daf.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Products/2012-infosheets/Modelrange/DAF-XF105-infosheet-Cab-EN.pdf

At 2.105m (6ft 10-7/8in) most people can stand upright in the Super Space Cab. This is good information. I'm thinking the Space Cab will make a better XT.

Are you gonna build a DAF XT??? If so yeah, the Space Cab (SC) would make a far better looking truck.

Also there is a newer model you can see here http://euro6.daf.com/en/daf-xf-euro-6

At the time they released their Euro 6, new emitions engines, they not only did just a facelift to the cab, but they released a new chassis.

Kostas.

Well, that's the plan, anyway. I'm definitely going to build a XF, but depending on how that conversion goes, I might build another one and "rebadge" it as either a Kenworth or a Peterbilt. In a way it sort of makes sense as Kenworth already uses the XF cab for the K500; but in another way it doesn't as Kenworth uses the same cab for the W900, T800, T660, T300, T400, T200, & T100 trucks. So in the end it would probably cost them more money to us the XF cab for anything. It's an interesting academic exercise, anyway.

That DAF XF Euro 6 looks really cool!

For those of you who are unfamilar with the DAF XT, here are a few photos of the only DAF XT in existance. It was custom built by DAF for A. Jansen B.V in The Netherlands. Here is their Web page about it:

http://www.ajansenbv.com/en/news-2/introduction-daf-xt

I've also found a few "close-ups":

383648_339453212748742_204600746233990_1

DAF20XT20Jansen_zps579c9b54.jpg

But this truck really peaked my interest. It's an IVECO Strator (PowerStar in Australia):

Hauben_IVECO_LKW_Strator_zpsef39d9d8.jpg

jim , from kfs you can get a resin hood for this daf conventional [ if its not sold out ]

next month i go to belgium [ jabbeke ] and i think i wil found some stuff to make this model [ i hope ]

kostas , some company take the sleepercab insted of a daycab becouse after 7 ore 8 years it wil bring more money if the trade him for a new one

i know what you mean that the use it for short trips and work [ but now you see more daycabs for foods delivery etc ]

jim , we wil see what you make and also for the iveco is a resin hood availlbe also a very nice model

jacobus

jim model truck from heinz have them i time ago [ very fast sold out ]

and in 1:32 for a rallymodel its jkresins.com

it came from modeltruck at with two different grills and bumper i thought , and i was also to late to order him

i hope he make very soon some new stuff [ it came from kfs , but also sold out ]

jacobus