Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project Six Pack Roadrunner

caine440

That turned out great! As someone can already guess, I like the subject alot, there can never be too much Stockers or Super Stockers. You did great job on that paint and decals, and I really like that engine detail. Sharp build. B)

Overall I am happy with it.

I have learned from some of the mistakes I made and hopefully will not repeat them on the next build :)

I was very pleased with how all the AMT parts fit up with the Johan body.

The hood is from Harts parts and also fit up with very little work even though it was molded to fit the AMT kit.

Nice job Roger, another thing you might want to try to tone down the wheels (if you plan on leaving them on the model) is a paint called Polly Scale (a railroad paint). They have bottle clears in gloss, satin and flat. They are water based and flow out super well (no brush streaks) and have a long work time not usually know with water based paints. I use this paint (night black and grey tones) alot for undersides of funny car bodies, undersides of dragster panels etc. I really love the stuff!

Charlie

Pro Tech

Looks great as usual Roger! And I will echo what Charlie said about the Pollyscale paint. I used to use a lot of it in my airplane models. The trouble is, it was originally from Floquil but was taken over by Testors and they have now discontinued it so whatever is left over is it. The Vallejo brand of paints is a good and comparable alternative though...