Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Rambler American Finished - For a Friend.

Ramfins59

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a Postscript to this "story". My friend Mike drove out here to western PA this week to pick up his Rambler model, and needless to say, he was thrilled with the car and can't wait until the Cruise nights start in May in his NY area so he can display the model with his car. He even bought a small turntable to display the car on.

He brought with him a picture from our High School yearbook from waaaaayyyy back in 1965 of us at a table in the school library looking at a '62 T-Bird model that I built back then. I'm the guy in the middle with the glasses and pompadour hairstyle which was "big" in those days and Mike is the guy sitting, holding the model. We decided to try to "restage"the picture in my dining room while he was with me for a couple of days...... a "then and now" thing. I'm standing in the "today" picture and obviously couldn't pull off that pompadour hair thing today if my life depended on it...... not enough hair left to do it...LOL.

This should probably make a lot of you smile... :lol:

MIKEampMEampAMODEL1965_zps79efd6b2.jpg

MIKEampMEampAMODEL20131024x763_zpsdf7531

Thanks again to all who followed along on this build and commented along the way. It was a totally fun time and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Edited by Ramfins59

For sure Tom. We (Tom Valenta and I) stayed at the host hotel last year and did the Cheeseburger In Paradise thing on Friday night and the Margaritas were great. (you don't remember us being there...??) We also stayed at the hotel on Saturday night which is the way to do it. Then we drive down to Tom's home in NC on Sunday. It beats trying to do it all in one 36 hour day like we did for a few years.