Model Cars Magazine Forum

Channeled deuce roadster - final update 12/8

Jantrix

IMG_3397-vi.jpg

Rob, I'm still thinking about headlights. I was rummaging though my junk box and came across a pack of promotional golf tees. I don't play golf and they wound up in my shape box I cut one down to try it out, doesn't look half bad. See the other old headlight next to it for size reference. Yes, the lights are big, so your standard clear lens from my junk box was too small but ones from a 30s car would fit fine.

Tom we can always count on you to come up with something cool. I'll add this to my files for future reference. Thank you very much sir.

As luck would have it, my pal Slantasaurus will dropping by on Saturday with some '39 Chevy Buckets, so I'm set. I'm looking forward to a nice weekend with some serious bench time. More soon.

I've been painting mostly flats and weathered stuff for a long while now but mostly because I had no place to do a quality paint job. My attempts at gloss paints, painted outside or in the garage, always seemed to end in disaster. I now have a paint booth indoors and plenty of shiny paint saved up. I have no builds even on the drawing board that aren't shiny.

I knew this would make you happy Jim. B)

Also, working on acquiring a air brush compressor and will start really learning the trade.

• 3 months later...