Model Cars Magazine Forum

47 Crosley

Porscheman

Well, somebody had build one and a lot of poeple never seen one before. It was Americas first small car after WWII. Kinda reminded me of a refrigerator with tires. :D I really got to stop painting with maroon paint though.

Al

Edited by Porscheman

thats a totally kool build of a pretty odd car. a friend of mine owned one of them up till a few years ago. they look very awkward in life. captured it well in that build i must say. from what i hear of R&R, you probably deserve a medal!

Nice build, fascinating little car. A Crossley won the 'Index of Performance' at the '50 (I think) Sebring 6-hour enduro, and a Crossley Hotshot was leading its class at LeMans a year later when electrical problems forced a DNF. Pretty impressive cred for a tiny car that early-on had an engine built of sheet-metal stampings, brazed together.

Cool little car! I worked with a guy who had a little Crosley wagon like this one. He had a special parking spot in the alley where no other car would fit. He drove it to work for over 30 years.

Thank you everyone. I don't know if I'm up to another one of these, but R&R also has a Crosley wagon. Maybe :rolleyes:

3249383174_16561d94cd.jpg

I've avoided this kit for years, but I might need to get one if it's possible to build a model from it this nice!

I've always had a thing for these Crosleys- my father owns a 1:1 '47 Crosley, the previous owner removed the roof and doors and made it into a kind of makeshift roadster pickup. That guy would drive it to the golf course every weekend... and used the Crosley as his cart upon arrival, if you believe that. Yes, the thing is tiny.