Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Fall 2013 Kit Announcements

Casey

I keep my expectations realistic. Focus on the good stuff we are going to get, rather than being disappointed at what we were hoping for. The '62 Vette gasser looks great!

I keep my expectations realistic. Focus on the good stuff we are going to get, rather than being disappointed at what we were hoping for. The '62 Vette gasser looks great!

They're saving all the really good stuff for iHobby (and there will be some good stuff) whistling2.gif

And call it blasphemy, but the D&M '62 gasser looks better than the Mazmainian '61 (ever see the hack job on the wheel wells of that thing :D:lol::P )

Edited by Brett Barrow

They're saving al the really good stuff for iHobby (and there will be some good stuff) whistling2.gif

Yeah, I would think the 1st half 2014 release announcement would have some new tools.

Of the 2nd half 2013 releases, the Shelby convertible is the most interesting to me.

Ok, so how'd I do? (From the What's Revell have up their sleeves thread)

At least one Corvette reissue (I'm leaning towards the 58/59) THATS A BINGO!

At least two Foose editions (is the Foose 64 Impala "official" yet?) 1/2 credit, but it is a big 'un...

One station wagon (either a reissue or possible modified new tooling - I'd like to see something on the 57 Ford - a Ranch Wagon would be my personal favorite, but a Country Squire would please a few folks, too. On the tri-five front, I'd flip for a 57 Chevy Handyman or 55 and 57 Nomads) Does the 53 chevy panel count?

One modified variant of a 60's muscle car. THATS A BINGO!

One modified variant of a current muscle car. WRONG!!!

At least one Tom Daniel kit. THATS A BINGO!

At least one show car. (I'm leaning Lil' Coffin or Lil' T/Boomer Bucket/Street T) THATS A BINGO!

A possible totally 100% new-tool kit (but new tool announcements are more likely to happen at iHobby) I'll take 1/2 credit for the "Slingster", even though it was totally under my radar!

At least one drag racer reissued, possibly with a decal scheme they've never offered before. THATS A BINGO!

One older truck reissue (I'm leaning 64 Chevy Fleetside) WRONG!!!

Another 70's van, these are hot right now. WRONG!!!

At least one tri-five Chevy (is the 57 'vert "official" yet?) WRONG!!!

Revell-Germany's new-tool VW Beetle in a Revell US box. (The new-tool Mini Cooper in US box is "official", right?)THATS A BINGO! (To be fair I already knew about that one)

I'd like to see a 50 Olds Club Sedan (fastback). WRONG!!! But we are getting a custom version, so 1/2 credit

I'd like to see the F-Code 57 Ford Custom NASCAR special (I know it will happen, just not sure when)THATS A BINGO!

I'd like to see another issue of the Big Deuce WRONG!!!

-edit- a convertible version of something currently available as a hardtop THATS A BINGO!

a hardtop version of something currently available as a convertible (I know, some of these are no-brainers!) Does the hardtop in the 62 Vette count?

So what's that, about .500? Not too shabby...

Edited by Brett Barrow

A lot more people are on Facebook than not... oddly, they haven't updated their FB page yet.

Of the people in the demographic Revell caters to, I'd put my money on more of them NOT being on Facebook. I'd also take the bet that most will never be there. They'd be foolish to think that their entire customer base will ever go on board with that fad...

Of the people in the demographic Revell caters to, I'd put my money on more of them NOT being on Facebook. I'd also take the bet that most will never be there. They'd be foolish to think that their entire customer base will ever go on board with that fad...

That is a good point, most of the guys on here that are Revells target buyers do not use FaceBook

That is a good point, most of the guys on here that are Revells target buyers do not use FaceBook

social media isn't going any where... it is here to stay. Sorry fellas. But if you come here those that use it will update as has been done in this thread

social media isn't going any where... it is here to stay. Sorry fellas. But if you come here those that use it will update as has been done in this thread

I never said it was fad :lol: , I have two FaceBooks pages, one personal, one business, same for Twitter, although, I dont spend time using Twitter other then follow whats going on the NASCAR world and get news before anyone else.

I never said it was fad :lol: , I have two FaceBooks pages, one personal, one business, same for Twitter, although, I dont spend time using Twitter other then follow whats going on the NASCAR world and get news before anyone else.

Yes, Revell is going to use social media to advertise to a broad consumer base... they don't need to worry about the grumpy old curmudgeons that don't use FB and just complain about the modern world.

Yes, Revell is going to use social media to advertise to a broad consumer base... they don't need to worry about the grumpy old curmudgeons that don't use FB and just complain about the modern world.

Which is probably for the best for them :lol: , Revell and every other company out there, its all part of the new ways business are reaching out to their there customer base, heck, it has been proven, you have a complaint with a company, post that complaint on the company's FB page, that seems to work magic in getting issues resolved

wish I could like this post! LOL

I was a bit surprised to hear Ed Sexton tell me Revell would be announcing new kits in May, but they did. From what I recall in past years, the Mid year announcements were only reissues, and no new kits. Then again, I don't recall Revell, Round2, and Moebius attending NNLs and announcing their products before, either, so it's a brave new world.

I was pleasantly surprised with the D&M '62 Vette gasser in Revell's video, as the front tires are larger, the nose not quite as high, and the wheels even better than the real car's. Brett's right about the half-hex rear wheel arches(?!) on the BM car, so I guess this is a decent compromise.

:wub:

scan0035.jpg

I was a bit surprised to hear Ed Sexton tell me Revell would be announcing new kits in May, but they did. From what I recall in past years, the Mid year announcements were only reissues, and no new kits. Then again, I don't recall Revell, Round2, and Moebius attending NNLs and announcing their products before, either, so it's a brave new world.

I think maybe that Revell/Round/Moebius have found that there is some value if you will attending NNL's and showing off what they have planned, I think they know that being out there, connecting with their customer base is a good thing , its smart business

It was still a good week for me in the world of announcements for products

Edited by martinfan5

Fad? FAD? Ha! Ha! Ha!

So going to a couple NNL's paying for airline tickets and hotel rooms to talk to a few hundred folks who are already dedicated model buyers = good business. Ok, I agree with that.

But posting announcements on Facebook for all the world (and their 13,000+ followers) to see which costs them nothing and, who knows, might even attract some new modelers = bad business?

I'm running out of Cosby gifs...

2rdd9.gif

Hit post too soon, redid it.

Now that makes sense, remember , Revells target buyers are not wanting anything to do with Facetwitter, or twittonmyface , or anything social network type of website's, sure, there are some that do, but just going by how people feel about on this forum, its the devil and they want no part of it :lol:

But posting announcements on Facebook for all the world (and their 13,000+ followers) to see which costs them nothing and, who knows, might even attract some new modelers = bad business?

Facebook is WW but sadly Revell's distribution network is not.

Edited by Luc Janssens

Rob, not all that do not want facebook, etc, are grumpy carmudgeons nor complain about the modern world. I simply choose to not use internet social media like facebook, etc.Yes, I am 52, and would appreciate you not making a blanket statement like that. Thank you to the member that posted the youtube video. I look forward to the ragtop 69 Shelby! Maybe they will do like the 70 Roadrunner and give us a new interior as well, that would be great.

Seriously, Revell's Facebook page is no different than their website, anybody can go to it. It's just a page on the internet. The difference is that anybody with the login and password can update their Facebook page, they can get Agnes, the 75 year old secretary to do it, it's easier than posting on this message board, honestly, while changing their website takes someone trained to do websites and is a MUUUUCH bigger PITA and God forbid you leave an HTML tag open or something, you end up ripping a hole in the space-time continuum.

And how would someone know to go check their website, who just goes to a company's website every day or two just to see what's new? If only there were some way they could tell folks about new things, you know - a way for folks who "like" that company to receive news and messages about that company? If only there were a place like that on teh interwebz... I don't know, I'm no genius with the computer or anything, maybe some Zuckerberg will come along one day and invent something like that...

1-12FooseCamaro_zps2e11fd9c.jpg

The 1/12 Foose Camaro I suppose. Can`t say I have seen this one in 1:1. And are those Cobra Halibrand wheels I see there? I already have some ideas for the big Mustang kit. :)

I can`t wait to see this one, even though it looks like we wont get an RS grille. Please, please, a set of black stripes for a stock build?

I've added a list to the existing Revell video link to post #1 in this topic, so once Revell releases more details and images of some of the new and modified kits, I will add them. I'm still a bit puzzled why they didn't include either of the VW Beetles in the slideshow video, though.

Whatever happens on other forums, please don't bring it over here. ;)