Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius ProStar - Test Shots

Has to do with the blueprints. Its easier to get the CAD ones for the newer trucks. The old Transtars, Emeryville's, and R190's are all hand drawn. Getting the original blueprints, and all that would factor into the cost. I too asked about the older ones, as this isn't the exact quote of what was explained to me, this is what I got out of it.

Our old car kiits are not produced from factory drawings - We go out and measure cars and photograph them with size references in the photos. The factory develops 3D files and tooling mock-ups from photos.

Our two big trucks were develooped from CAD files provided by Navistar.

Finding and measuring an old Truck is a lot more complicated than sending a set of CAD files over the internet.

I'm not ruling out old truck kits - just explaining that it's not a simple or fast process.

We have some more big truck projects in mind.

Let us get ProStar done and on store shelves and then we'll see where we're going..

ProStar tooling is finished - we're in process of finishing packaging, Instructions and decals now. I'd like to think that kits will be in stores Before the end of April. I'd like to say that they'll be avaialble earlier but I don't want to over-promise..

Dave

Oh, thinking about it... since I am talking to a Moebius person, I would like to let you know that your Hudsons and Chryslers are the best model kits I have seen so far, especially due to the very high quality of the instructions booklet. Keep up the good work even when you decide to make ugly new trucks instead of beautiful old ones :)

Our d.c. delivery truck every week is a prostar and even in black its one of of the prettiest trucks i have seen in a long time. I like it even better than the lodestar they use and thats black as well. Ill take any new tooling tractor truck the old amt are getting long in the tooth. Keep up the good work dave. Cant wait. Btw. How about some new trailers, your last one was awesome.

Is that how the box art will actually look? I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe so. Moebius posted it on their Facebook page a few days ago. I don't think they'll change it much, response to it seemed positive overall, though that might have more to do with what's in the box rather than the box itself.

Oh yeah, this is going to be good! Box art is nice too, I like the suggestion of a flatbed in back of the truck on that picture too. I just got 2 terrific Czech Truck Modell photo-etch kits for the Lone Star and I think most of the parts on there will also fit the Prostar... Can't wait! Thanks to Dave for keeping us up to date with this project!

Edited by BigBad

Oh yeah, this is going to be good! Box art is nice too, I like the suggestion of a flatbed in back of the truck on that picture too. I just got 2 terrific Czech Truck Modell photo-etch kits for the Lone Star and I think most of the parts on there will also fit the Prostar... Can't wait! Thanks to Dave for keeping us up to date with this project!

I have CTM photo etch kits . They are a must have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...