Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt california hauler

The W925 wont happen unless they modify the molds back... they modified them into the t660/800 kit.

I hope they'll consider that, but perhaps not before doing one more run of the T600/Canepa before doing so. Sort of like they did with the big-scale Charger street machine before they changed it back to the Richard Petty stock car. As flawed as those T600s are, something about them just speaks to me... and I'm not even that big a fan of the 1:1!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand... I've always wanted to pick one of these up, but I've never been able to find one for a reasonable price that was still complete. I'm glad they are going to be able to bring it back mostly intact- there was a rumor going around that the tooling for this one had been dumped into the Detroit river at some point. Looks like that wasn't the case!

• 2 weeks later...

Original had green glass Steve and no sleeper. I've got the T500 issue brown box art one here with the sleeper and the original tow truck issue.

The grills were different on later issues and is and easy way to distinguish between them on the box arts.

I´m into cars and not familiar with big rigs. Is this the kit that can be modified into a Duel truck? I´d love to add one to my movie model collection. The Plymouth Valiant that I have in the works wants to be chased through the display case by something.

Yes but its extensive work. The correct style is available in resin.

Yes but its extensive work. The correct style is available in resin.

I like extensive work. If can do stuff by myself then I won´t spent my money on resin. It can´t be worse than trying to mate Revell´s Dart with AMT´s Duster to turn it into a Valiant.

6263363336633761.jpg

At this stage of the build someone made me realize that hardtops and sedans have different roof heights. It has been anti-top-chopped since then. Gotta make new side window trim and some corrections on the body before I can add primer to see what´s left to do.

I´m more scared of scratchbuilding the tanker trailer than modifying the truck itself.

Edited by Stuntman Mike

Model Car Mountain is always high on their prices. Shop around a bit and they can be found for $25.

I preordered two on eBay from model car mountain. Didn't see others available. Probably get mine by the end of June. Gives me time to finish my prostar and laferrari. :)

Ben

I preordered two on eBay from model car mountain. Didn't see others available. Probably get mine by the end of June. Gives me time to finish my prostar and laferrari. :)

Ben

I´ve preordered one aswell. With shipping to Germany this is still a better deal than buying the kit in Germany. The AMT truck kits here are $70 - $80, shipping not included. I buy pretty much everything from the States. If there is a truck model on ebay.com for $109, it will cost €109 on ebay.de. €109 is almost $150.

Everyone probably knows the old AMT ´72 Nova which was just rereleased as the Beverly Hills Cop Nova. I´ve seen them offered here for €34 ($47) which is nothing short of ridiculous. Do you Americans have the slightest idea about how spoiled you are regarding kit prices? I hope so!!! :rolleyes:

BTW...

Where can I find accurate resin 5-hole wheels in a good quality for the Duel truck? Any suggestions?

Edited by Stuntman Mike

I´ve preordered one aswell. With shipping to Germany this is still a better deal than buying the kit in Germany. The AMT truck kits here are $70 - $80, shipping not included. I buy pretty much everything from the States. If there is a truck model on ebay.com for $109, it will cost €109 on ebay.de. €109 is almost $150.

Everyone probably knows the old AMT ´72 Nova which was just rereleased as the Beverly Hills Cop Nova. I´ve seen them offered here for €34 ($47) which is nothing short of ridiculous. Do you Americans have the slightest idea about how spoiled you are regarding kit prices? I hope so!!! :rolleyes:

BTW...

Where can I find accurate resin 5-hole wheels in a good quality for the Duel truck? Any suggestions?

Know all to well how you feel.

Maybe we should apply for a green card

;^)

BTW...

Yes I would jump with joy if we had the same prices as you do in the US, I'm doing as you Mike and order most of my models directly from the States, and even tho' I have to pay for shipping, customs fee and sales tax it's still cheaper than to buy them here.

For a regular 20-25 Dollar kit you have to at least double the price to get what we have to pay in stores over here.

Good five-hole wheels you can get from Ben Wicker http://bwicke9.wix.com/class-a-resin

Edited by Force