Model Cars Magazine Forum

Supra

carro

Here is my new W.I.P a Toyota Supra. This kit was given to me years ago by an old friend, the body was painted the mirrors the rear spoiler and the chassis missing.

P3010433.jpg

P3010434.jpg

So far I stripped the paint of the body rescribed the body lines and sprayed it with filler primer to sand down the imperfections i can see, im sure it wont be the last time i spray primer on it.

P2260430.jpg

Without a chassis can't really finish this kit so lucky me I had built one 15 years ago and ill be using it as a donor for this one.

P3010435.jpg

like I said it was built years ago back then I didn't even know paint could be polished after applied.

P3010437.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had much time to work on this, just got the bodywork done I'll know for sure when I put some primer sealer on it tomorrow weather permiting. Here s the chassis underneath the car and for wheels and tires I think i'll keep it in the family by using this stock Supra wheels and tires, I might paint the centers either black or charcoal leaving the lip chrome. For body color Im thinking red and still looking for a rear wing.

P3100440.jpg

well i started masking the wheels to paint the centers black.

P3160444.jpg

and today i finally painted and clear coated the body. got some dust here and there but it should polish out.

P3220455.jpg

the interior is in break fluid for the time being so the interior will get started as soon i get the parts completely clean. for the interior colors im thinkng dark and light beige. still looking for a rear wing that will look right.

Looks good. Almost bought a 1:1 white 90 Supra Turbo Targa with the manual until the guy got drunk and got t boned by a light post. He wasn't injured but the Supra was another story. I love drunks. lol. I used to work as a bouncer for 6 years at a strip joint and now I am a bouncer again at a bar and need to remind myself of this all the time. :)

• 6 months later...

Well, i dug this one out of the box and polished it up and painted the window trim black. i still have a lot to do, lenses, tail lights, trim ect. i found a rear spoiler finally, but the look of it without it is really growing on me. i painted the wheels twice trying to get the black center with the chrome lips but i just couldn't pull it off so i just left them gloss black. the interior will be next, im thinking black and beige interior and maybe the roll cage that came with the kit painted the same red color as the body. well here is a couple of pics,

PA231437.jpg

PA231436.jpg

Well, i dug this one out of the box and polished it up and painted the window trim black. i still have a lot to do, lenses, tail lights, trim ect. i found a rear spoiler finally, but the look of it without it is really growing on me. i painted the wheels twice trying to get the black center with the chrome lips but i just couldn't pull it off so i just left them gloss black. the interior will be next, im thinking black and beige interior and maybe the roll cage that came with the kit painted the same red color as the body. well here is a couple of pics,

PA231437.jpg

PA231436.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im liking this. I have one I have to finish to. I also like what I'm seeing in the back ground on the 3rd pic . I love imports/ tuner cars.

i know what you are talking about. i love tuners. i dont even look at 32 ford posts any more.

dont get me wrong tho. if you like 32's, go for it. just tired of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well got the tailight's done, altough i didn't do them correctly. the parts that needed to stay clear on the tailights were to small for me to do. After 3 fail attemps I decided to leave the squares clear and paint the rest red.

PB261565.jpg

PC011572.jpg

Also finished the side markers and the foglights.

PC011576.jpg