Model Cars Magazine Forum

IH Paystar 5000 Heavy Haul

Fantastic job, Randy. It warms my heart to see a well done International! :)

Just one bit of trivia - when that kit was first produced, Ertl got the instructions, the holes in the hood and the box art for the air intake on the left side hood oriented 90 degrees off. The bars should not be horizontal but rather should be vertical, as shown here:

international_paystar_5000_19114353.jpg

The kit has never been corrected. By the way, weathering is fun. The picture above is a good example of a well used truck and the colors involved.

Keep those Internationals rolling!!

Edited by 7000in5th

Thanks David, I can't believe I missed that detail for the air intake. I have a lot of pics of these but never noticed that one, duhhh. should be easy enough to fix though and its gonna bother me til I do.............uhhhh excuse me a moment..............ok, its better now :D

Edited by farmer1

Hi Randy thats a great looking rig . I was just about to tell you about the grill on the side but never mind heres a pic of mine

attachicon.gifbox.jpg

Nice work IH David, good weathering!

Randy, that is one nice piece you have there! Of course the whole effort being negated by the inlet grill... :D

Edited by BigBad

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...