Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

You really think that old clunker will make it out of New York? :P

Nice work.

I've been working on my turbo installation. Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Photo0111_zpscb632d03.jpg

That's an air to air intercooler in front of the radiator. The piping passing through the radiator core.

The engine is an OHC 4.2 litre V8 from a Toyota Celsior. Normally aspirated it kicks out the same power as the 'cruisers stock 6 cylinder turbo diesel so with the Javelin Engineering turbo set up we will be looking at a serious increase in gee gees.

Very nice job everyone! It has been great to follow this thread. Especially Nick's Bel Air turned out very nice!

Finally I'm making progress with my '69 Torino Talladega since I just changed to a new bench. I got the ProCharger belt installed. It is made from paper that I painted black and it's not perfect, because it has no "Fins" that Blower belt should, but I had no styrene that I could have used for them... Well next time. ;) Also the Roll Cage is pretty much done, just needs paint on it. When I get these modifications done, I guess this thing will come pretty fast.

Sorry for the bad picture, there wasn't much light so I had to use the flash and it makes that engine look horrible.

DSCN7737.jpg

DSCN7735.jpg

DSCN7736.jpg

More great Progress, Loving it so far guys!

I'm not sure if it's too late, but I'd like to join this with my 53 Ford Flipnose.

I'll snap a few pics of what I'm gonna use after school.

I'll add you to the list

Pretty tough talk coming from a guy driving a car thats powered by a blow dryer. :D

The 57 looks very cool Nick. Congrats on the show win.

Oooohhh the trash talk LOL I was waiting for that :lol:

I decided that since Im not up to building I`ll just be the grumpy old man on the side of the road shaking his cane at all the punks going by way too fast.

At least you found a productive way to participate! :lol: I'll be sure to rev my engine and make a ton of noise when I'm going by so you know it's me.

Nice work Niko :)

Thanks!

Something that I have been working on the last couple of days. I installed the distributor to the engine, and put the Spark Plug Wires on place. They are Scale Dreams' stuff. First time ever when I'm using blue wires. Next I need to make a bracket for Alternator and then I'll make a belt for that too. Then the rest of the engine parts and all details...

DSCN7751.jpg

DSCN7754.jpg

DSCN7755.jpg

Interior is Flocked, too. Before Flocking I masked the little carpet on driver's area and speaker grilles away so they will be painted later. Then just regular Flat Black from Spray Can and Flocking on. Not my best effort on Flocking, but luckily this one is not Convertible. :lol: Dashboard was primered too after sanding a Mold Seam away.

DSCN7740.jpg

DSCN7750.jpg

DSCN7743.jpg

DSCN7745.jpg

Well, I had more pics but my phone is acting up so here's what I have for now on my Stepside.

I started it a looooonnnggggg time ago and gave up. The frame ended up breaking in 3 places and a lot of parts got slightly warped. Most of it is actually a ACR Viper. The only thing that is the actual truck is the body and the main frame rails under the cab. That's it.

I have a lot of work ahead of me to fix it...but I can do it.

post-11434-0-31474900-1380757027_thumb.j

post-11434-0-26696200-1380757041_thumb.j

post-11434-0-60993100-1380757201_thumb.j

Seems like this is the year of the Viper engine lol. I like the hood Peter, nice wheels too. Great work on the Engine and flocking Niko!

Not much to report for me. I'm finishing up the interior on the GTX and trying to hammer out a paint job for the hot rod, no updates yet.