Model Cars Magazine Forum

9/15 Update Try At A Revell Snap Pete

After I finished my Revell Snap Kenny,I was planning to work on my "Annie" build but she is kickin' my rear,the frame is warped and I am having a heck of a time to get her level so I am gonna start on this Pete as a "tweener".....Hopefully I learned from my mistakes on the Kenny and do a lil' better this time....Just wish I would have used the Pete as a guinea pig instead of the Kenny.....Ohhhhh well

007-3.jpg

The box we all know....

008-1.jpg

006-5.jpg

The main colors......

0032.jpg

The start...wish me luck,cuz I'm gonna need it....any ideas or tips always welcome and helpful....

Edited by Badluck 13

Have fun with this kit. It does go together well, but as usual the tires are bad. One thing that I ran into with my build was the pins for the grill were too long, and hit the radiator causing the hood not to close properly.

Have fun with this kit. It does go together well, but as usual the tires are bad. One thing that I ran into with my build was the pins for the grill were too long, and hit the radiator causing the hood not to close properly.

Hey Jim,thanks for the heads up on the grille,thats "if" I have a grille for it,at closer look at the chrome on the grille and rear wheels found out the chrome is "hazed" real bad....

Just a little update.....filling in the seams and "snap" holes.....

0062.jpg

Not a "Fan" of the molded in fan assy.......

0082.jpg

The after effect....

Filling the seams on the engine assy....

012-3.jpg

013-7.jpg

The finished look...

014-4.jpg

Filling in the holes in the back of the bunk like I did on the Kenny..

028-4.jpg

035-4.jpg

.....And also on the lower front of the cab...

031-5.jpg

034-3.jpg

.....And the fuel tanks....

032-3.jpg

...That's all for now,comments and or ideas always welcome,good,bad,or ugly.......Thanks for lookin'

Wow! I just bought one of these yesterday with my 50% off Michaels coupon. You can bet I'll be watching this build.

David G.

I'm planning on going to Michaels tomorrow to get one . What's the problem with the tires ?

Edited by TooOld

I'm planning on going to Michaels tomorrow to get one . What's the problem with the tires ?

Some of the tires are warped out of shape and do not sit on the rims proper,I have seen this on other builds,but knock on wood my Kenny and this Pete all have good tires.....

Rear steps are removed from fenders. I may be getting old, but I can still see! These pics used the same pair of fenders for both shots. day cab will still have the step on rear of fenders. Haven't decided on color for day cab yet.

Edited by signguy2108

A lil' more done,mostly seams and "snap" holes.....

002-5.jpg

035-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

Sleeper bunk with snap slots filled in....

007-4.jpg

Took Roberts advise on the intake because I never noticed on the Kenny until now...thanks for the tip Robert!!!

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

020-4.jpg

019-5.jpg

Again had to do something about the overly bracketed mud flaps....

013-8.jpg

Before

014-5.jpg

After.......Again comments and or suggestions always welcome....thanks for the tips and advice and also thanks for lookin'

• 3 weeks later...

Very small update on the Pete,been working off and on with this and "Annie"......started the engine assembly and done a small amount of plumbing....As always I am open to suggestions and comments good,bad,and or ugly........

048-6.jpg

Also started the "rust" on the exhaust manifold and turbo.

046-6.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

• 4 weeks later...