Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 30s Morgan Threewheeler Minicraft

mr.grumpy

So here goes, this is how far I've got. Not built anything for over 20 years. Got married to my wife in Malvern (England), that's where these threewheelers are still built, which is why I went for this kit. I also like the fact that details like the frame and engine etc will be on display. Also there's not many decals for me to mess up. I'm going for a not so glossy look, an aged instead of a weathered look.

Constructive comments welcomed, but I appreciate those kind of comments probably aren't likely considering my lack of skill. That said any defects are down to the lack of my skills and obviously not down to the quality of this kit or the tools used. :)

Looking good, I'd love to see a 1/24th version of the Morgan 3 wheelers, I went to the factory back in the mid 80's, fascinating place to visit, and things haven't changed that much today, there still glueing and screwing bits of wood together .....

Edited by GeeBee

Hi Mr. Grumpy,

will follow this one close, because I have got the Threewheeler in my head for some time, to make it my first scratch-build model in 1/8th scale. Got hooked up in 1/8 and thought, the Mog might be the right project to start an almost self-built model, after kitting the R/M and Pochers together.

Wishing you good progress and success on this one.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Mr. Grumpy, will follow this one close, because I have got the Threewheeler in my head for some time, to make it my first scratch-build model in 1/8th scale. Got hooked up in 1/8 and thought, the Mog might be the right project to start an almost self-built model, after kitting the R/M and Pochers together. Wishing you good progress and success on this one. Cheers Michael
I'm happy to scan and email you the instructions for this kit, let me know if you want a look at those.