Model Cars Magazine Forum

There's no denying this Ford die cast has a certain coolness too it, though. (Cheesy graphics excluded, of course).

Despite it's faults, it's too bad they're not more available; having the rough pattern would save you some development time...

mike

• 2 weeks later...

Tom, just remember these vans had exposed hinges all the way around . Cloth straps were used as Door Checks . I see you're using a 1972 up grille . The only other thing I need to mention is the side markers , tail lights and rear reflectors which by the way were "Flush mounted ". Look, I'm not trying to be some kind of Econoline expert here . I worked on them, owned them, partied in them , etc. etc, etc .................

Tom, just remember these vans had exposed hinges all the way around . Cloth straps were used as Door Checks . I see you're using a 1972 up grille . The only other thing I need to mention is the side markers , tail lights and rear reflectors which by the way were "Flush mounted ". Look, I'm not trying to be some kind of Econoline expert here . I worked on them, owned them, partied in them , etc. etc, etc .................

This is the kind of info I'm looking for. Still a work in progress, but I will take note of everything you've said.

Tom, if you want , e-mail me off the forum and I'll dig out all the Ford Parts books , option sheets , colors , and photos of accessories I used to manufacture for "Snoot Ford vans ". I might have to get some very old negatives re printed as I'm going back to 1973. Over the years , I managed to buy a lot of "Rare " accessories for Ford Econolines and just store them . I'm still trying to buy a Sport Steering wheel for the 76-79 Ford Econolines .

• 5 weeks later...

Tom, PLEASE , an this is coming from someone who owned and worked on too many "Bull nose " Ford vans too. The tail lights need adjustment . they're too fat . if need be . Hell, I'll send you a 73 Ford tail lamp lens in the mail. better, I'll send it CERTIFIED MAIL AN INSURED .

Tom, I'm posting two pictures of the 69-74 Ford Econoline van tail lights cause you of all people seem to want to do things RIGHT the first time . I'm also going to include the six cylinder motor box details

At this point, I hope to rest my case ..........................

post-3159-0-91736000-1380487887_thumb.jp

post-3159-0-73106900-1380487924_thumb.jp

post-3159-0-72077400-1380488020_thumb.jp

post-3159-0-18149500-1380488048_thumb.jp

Edited by Eshaver