Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond REO C9064D

• 1 month later...

I hate when this happens....

One project stalls, and you hatch a plan for another...

008_zps12553acf.jpg

Thats the story of my life Chuck. I hate the phrase "ADD", so I just say Im scatter brained. I cant finish one thing without starting 10 others. To many ideas........not enough time. Thats a cool old DR. Thats great subject matter for a model.

• 1 month later...

"Finish" on the fenders will be like the 1:1 above... hopefully.

Diamond, very rough. :D It does have a ton of character, though, which makes for an interesting model. Are all six tires mismatched, too, on it? I see the LF tire is, um, rather worn. :blink:

I don't have the foggiest- I dug up that pic from the 'net. It clearly does have some mismatched rubber on it though. Seems pretty typical though- every old farm beater you see has an odd tire or two on it. If you're running a junker, doesn't matter what kind of tire it is as long as it's black, round, capable of holding air, and has something at least resembling tread on it.

This is such a great looking old rig. "Fermenting iron" is an art and you have done a super job.

Perhaps on the agenda, but consider "denting up" and "chewing up" the deck plate, fenders, and mud flaps.

Very realistic!. :)

There's still a little room for, and possibility of, adding some "strategic mauling". :D

• 1 month later...