Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texture in a Can by Mike Levalle

It looks a lot like the Ho-Max brand spray texture in a can sold at Home Depot, Sherwin-Williams, etc., which includes three tips to match orange peel and knockdown drywall finishes.

Is this product oil- or water-based, Virgil?

Guest G Holding

Looks like a foaming agent....with little water.

virgil, that is the same technique as your water dropped 32 The foam will allow some paint to hit the surface, the rest acts as a mask

I never heard it called "grunge"..but leave it to Killer Mike!

It looks a lot like the Ho-Max brand spray texture in a can sold at Home Depot, Sherwin-Williams, etc., which includes three tips to match orange peel and knockdown drywall finishes.

Is this product oil- or water-based, Virgil?

Casey, it's made for use with urethanes like HOK and others. As you can see in the video it looks like a foam. For all you know the foam itself is water based. For easy clean up but it does not contaminate the paint.

I gotta do some experiments with it.

Looks like a foaming agent....with little water.

virgil, that is the same technique as your water dropped 32 The foam will allow some paint to hit the surface, the rest acts as a mask

I never heard it called "grunge"..but leave it to Killer Mike!

Greg, no the water drop is done with water. Then you spray the paint at an angle. This is more all over the place to create background texture for candies and other graphical elements.

Guest G Holding

Understood Doc...I suspect the "Foam" is a soap like liquid (As used by pest guys under slabs and crawl spaces for termites...They add this liquid to a machine that mixes the foamer, pesticide and water and run that thru a hose into voids..) I like the free form look it gives, and watching the clip you posted...it runs..looks like a water base to me