Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 FORD - MODELHAUS RESIN KIT

Ramfins59

I understand totally Jairus. No problem at all. I kind of like to try to get most of the little stuff right myself. I used to have a '59 Dodge so I know where you're coming from buddy. Thanks for the additional detail picture with the yellow arrow HINT...!!!

And no.... I won't be adding a hula skirt girl....(I don't think I could find a Z scale one playing a ukelele and I'm NOT even going to attempt to try to make one of my own). By the way, you need to repair that chip or tear on your steering wheel :rolleyes:

Thanks very much Gary, I appreciate the encouragement.

A little bit of progress today. I added a filler piece of plastic to the outside edge of the driver side interior panel to fill the gap, sanded it a bit to fit properly and then touched up the Coral Blue paint where necessary. I also trimmed the vacuuformed windshield to fit and glued that in place with Elmer's glue. It is drying now.

Oh, and if you're still tuning in to this saga Jairus, note that I added the dash knob to the left of the steering wheel that you pointed out in your last picture...!!! :)

KNOBADDEDTODASHPANELLEFTOFSTEERINGWHEEL1

More work to come on this tomorrow. It's getting there. Thanks for following along.

I understand totally Jairus. No problem at all. I kind of like to try to get most of the little stuff right myself. I used to have a '59 Dodge so I know where you're coming from buddy. Thanks for the additional detail picture with the yellow arrow HINT...!!!

And no.... I won't be adding a hula skirt girl....(I don't think I could find a Z scale one playing a ukelele and I'm NOT even going to attempt to try to make one of my own). By the way, you need to repair that chip or tear on your steering wheel :rolleyes:

The car is not a restoration. It's a period hot rod with-which I haul t-shirts to the various local car shows. And to that end I plan to keep any and all modifications vintage circa 1968 - 1978.

But, I am keeping my eyes open for another steering wheel, but this one works. I also want to dump the C-6 for a good 4-speed/clutch tranny.

The arrow by-the-way, points to a switch I installed to control a fan that blows on the rear window. Rear-window defogger if you will. The switch is a 1952 Ford pickup two-speed, the chrome bezel is from some vintage Ford product of the early 60's while the knob a '58 reproduction.

That pic was taken and posted for a Station Wagon Forum and that panel would normally be blank.

However, I love what you have done with your customizing on that Fairlane 500 and hope you just finish it as is. B)

Edited by Jairus

Thanks for your info Jairus, and thanks very much for your encouragement. Since I glued in the vacuuformed glass I'm having fitment issues with the interior assembly. It's nothing that I can't fix but it's just aggravating.... I'm so close to final assembly and NOW I'm suddenly having issues...!!! So that's my plan of attack for today. Once I get the interior assembly to sit properly I can finish up this little beauty.

I guess I can say that the knob that I added can be called the "rear window defogger" switch" now...!!! I wondered why I never saw that knob on my own reference pictures...!!!

Be careful Rich! This is the point at which when troubles happen, we modelers tend to shelve the kit with the idea that we will get back on it when the frustration level dops.

Only we get side tracked onto another and another and another build.

Well, you know how it works! :lol:

Looking good! Can hardley wait to see the finished car! B)

BTW what did you use for the Blue Dots?