Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Cadillac Eldorado convertible 6/16/13

HNTR

I started to build this kit for another clubs site community build. The theme is "Dream build" and you build what you would like to own in a 1:1 scale. I love them '59 Cadillacs so I picked me up that pink Monogram kit and started. I just started and thought I would share the pics with you. The body will be getting a couple coats of metallic purple and than a couple of clear, along with a whole lot of chrome. Let me know what you guys think.

The start of the engine:

DSCN1997_zps90dfac1f.jpg

DSCN1996_zpse5211eeb.jpg

The body already scribed, couple coats of metallic black, and flames painted in diamond dust.

DSCN1992_zps48a2eff9.jpg

DSCN1993_zpsa93f67b4.jpg

DSCN1994_zpsf8f32a78.jpg

DSCN1995_zps4f98f7ce.jpg

Edited by HNTR

The pics below make the color alot lighter but in real life the paint looks almost black. Still have to sand and buff the paint to get out any imperfections but here are some pics with the 2 Metallic Purple top coats and 4 coats of clear. These pictures don't do this justice. I had to get the light right so you could see the flames. Sometimes it looks black, dark purple, and light purple. Sometimes those flames just pop out when the rest looks black, awesome.

If anyone is interested in painting flames like this I got them here and the guy is great to deal with and that product is awesome!!! Check out the video on the bottom of his EBAY product. He has flames purposely made for all different cars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flame-Paint-Masks-for-Revell-AMT-Monogram-Generic-Large-Car-/150805502960?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Kits&hash=item231cb55bf0

DSCN2002_zps7a4cf82c.jpg

DSCN2000_zps8ae3d48e.jpg

DSCN1999_zpscfa92fde.jpg

DSCN1998_zps3bb898f9.jpg

Edited by HNTR

I started to sand and buff the hood. Here are some pics of how I like to shine my paint. Some say to use Future, just clear, or furniture polish. I think the only good shine is from sanding and buffing. I did one side of the hood (Not fully done either) and left the other side alone. Let me know what you think.

DSCN2026_zps3ef6e893.jpg

DSCN2029_zpsa1cc0649.jpg

DSCN2028_zps01eaf2a7.jpg

• 1 month later...