Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '58 Plymouth Belvedere CHRISTINE kit

cooltoys1

• 1 year later...

Here is the pic on the side of the box....

AMT-R2-840-7.jpg

It is definitely missing the dual carb setup of the 350 Super Commando. I'm still learning about engine identities, but that is a pretty glaring ommission when you consider how it's depicted in the movie.

• 4 months later...

Round2 would do well to retool the body completely for this kit. The top looks chopped and the side trim does not line up. I was so excited when I found out they going to tool this kit. I bought one at a show the week it came out opened the box looked at the body and gave it to the guy that set up next to me.

I like em!!!

They look pretty nice. Did you modify the bumpers on the blue cars yourself? I like them much better without the optional ends.

This is one of those kits that I did not notice the flaws on, but now I see them, they bother me a little, but I still have a few in my stash.

• 1 year later...

Round2 would do well to retool the body completely for this kit. The top looks chopped and the side trim does not line up. I was so excited when I found out they going to tool this kit. I bought one at a show the week it came out opened the box looked at the body and gave it to the guy that set up next to me.

Yep.........exactly. I dumped mine too, bought the Danbury mint. Done very nicely. 

I always like to think that I know a lot about car's in general ( that is what I like to think ) but I do have an open mind  ( that way I will never stop learning ). Well I learned something new on this thread. I never knew how much this kit is off until I read everything. Wow, I always thought that it was pretty accurate until something's where pointed out. Thanks for pulling this one back up.       Jeff