Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 JoHan Road Runner, Need resin A12 (6bbl) hood and air cleaner

Hey everyone. I'm Jeremy. I am working on a JoHan 69 Road Runner and want to do an A12 car. I need a few parts that I believe someone has made. I am looking for the Six Pack hood and the correct Air Filter. Do any of you know where I can get these pieces? I will also be looking for a few non resin parts as well such as Torque Thrust wheels and Wide Oval or Radial T/A tires. Also, Do any of you know if the AMT 68 Runner chassis fits very well? Thanks, Jeremy

Yes, you CAN use the Chassis AND engine compartment from any of the AMT/Ertl 68. 69,am 70 Dodge/Plymouth kits to make that kit REALLY stand out. I've done this conversion MANY times and those parts fit the JoHan kits like a glove. I got my 6-Pak hood from Perry's, he used to sell an A-12 conversion kit. But that was quite a while back, but it IS a nice conversion kit. Hopefully he still lmakes it.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by george 53

Yes, you CAN use the Chassis AND engine compartment from any of the AMT/Ertl 68. 69,am 70 Dodge/Plymouth kits to make that kit REALLY stand out. I've done this conversion MANY times and those parts fit the JoHan kits like a glove. I got my 6-Pak hood from Perry's, he used to sell an A-12 conversion kit. But that was quite a while back, but it IS a nice conversion kit. Hopefully he still lmakes it.:D;) ;)

I'll take all the unwanted flat chassis you don't want . Everyone PM me please . We could trade or $ . I don't think you can buy these parts from Perry's Resin . When he bought his Hobby Shop , he dropped the parts end of this business . Try <rocketfin.com/model_car_links> . Scroll down the model cars on the home page . There wil be a Search Box , inquire there . Happy Hunting ..Thanx ..

Jeremy, THAT'S Vaughn Hart! He has TONS of Mopar stuff! I ordered MANY times from Vaughn. He is a TOP quality caster, and has ALOT of oddball Mopar stuff. YES by ALL means check him out! He's a NICE guy on top of all that too!!!!<_<:rolleyes::(B)

Thanks for the recommendation George as I will be ordering from him also.

I just made an order from Kris. Can't wait to get it all. Does anyone know where I can get wheels called spyders? Also, where is the best place to get tires?

I have a few extras from the Monogram 1/24 scale '69 Camaro Z/28 kits if they will work with the tires you plan to use.

I think some of the 1/25 scale early '70s JoHan Pro Stock kits included Spyders, too, but I can't find a pic to confirm it. Maybe I'm thinking of a 1:1 Pro Stock Comet... :huh:

Edited by Casey

I received my hood from smallblockdodge resins yesterday. The hood looks very nice. I did have to do a bit of trimming and sanding to get it to fit the Jo-Han body. There is still a bit of work to do, but over all I think it looks good. There is one pit right in the top that I am not sure how to fix, any ideas?

31799ae8.jpg

I received my hood from smallblockdodge resins yesterday. The hood looks very nice. I did have to do a bit of trimming and sanding to get it to fit the Jo-Han body. There is still a bit of work to do, but over all I think it looks good. There is one pit right in the top that I am not sure how to fix, any ideas?

31799ae8.jpg

The hood looks good and as for the pit, I would mix a little 5 minute epoxy and fill the hole. Let it dry for 24 hours and sand smooth. I hope this helps.