Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Order

Another beautiful thing about Haus' reproduction bumpers is that the sprue and its attachments are eliminated !

No touchup at the attachment points that the originals had (out of necessity) .

I'm placing an order for Modelhaus' reproduction 1972 Road Runner rear bumper , tail light lenses , and front bumper / grille combination .

Thusfar , they've been super easy to conduct business with ; very easy-going folks :)

I'm placing an order for Modelhaus' reproduction 1972 Road Runner rear bumper , tail light lenses , and front bumper / grille combination .

Thusfar , they've been super easy to conduct business with ; very easy-going folks :)

Heh-heh..I'll be ordering those exact parts this month...just picked up another yellow '80s issue MPC '71 Road Runner and some resin '70s 'Hurricane' wheels. Want to do a '72 street machine...

• 2 weeks later...

There's a warm, reassuring sensation when you hit the submit button when ordering from The Modelhaus. I know in a few weeks I'm going to come home and find a package of some of the most awesome model parts money can buy waiting for me......

Bound to make any day better! :)

....and that day was today! Another batch of great stuff. The forces are with me on getting this `Cuda DONE!

Another beautiful thing about Haus' reproduction bumpers is that the sprue and its attachments are eliminated !

No touchup at the attachment points that the originals had (out of necessity) .

Another cool thing is that they have removed the mold lines from bumpers and such.

• 2 weeks later...

My order came on the 24th. I was thinking I ordered the airstream trailer. Next time.

Boy, X-mas was GOOD for you this year! If I bought 4 Modelhaus pieces (plus tires….) in one shot my Wife would want to talk to me!

But seriously, nice subjects you have there. The Caddy looks like a neat piece to do a Pro-Touring B)

Boy, X-mas was GOOD for you this year! If I bought 4 Modelhaus pieces (plus tires.) in one shot my Wife would want to talk to me!

But seriously, nice subjects you have there. The Caddy looks like a neat piece to do a Pro-Touring B)

I hear ya. It hurts but it's a good pain. Lol. I like that idea for the fleetwood!

Here are links I have bookmarked to pictures of Modelhaus items.

A Special Thanks goes out to John Sharisky and Tom K for posting them on Fotki

http://public.fotki.com/Tomk/modelhaus-resin/page2.html

http://public.fotki.com/jsharisky/modelhaus_resin_items/

I've asked Don about posting pictures on his site and he told me it was because of the cost and time to photograph.

I already have more of his kits than I will ever be able to build!

Shasta included.

Edited by dh1908

In full-recognition of the "time-of-the-year" and the inharent mail backlog : I'm still waiting for the 1972 Road Runner parts I ordered three weeks ago .

I'm not stating this as to knock on Modelhaus (et al.) ; just anxious about getting those bumpers and whatnot :o !

I would say any day now. They say 4-6 weeks for delivery and twice I've ordered it was right about 4 weeks.

I started this thread on Nov. 21 just after I actually did place an order. I replied to my original post when my order did indeed arrive. It was Dec. 16. Not quit 4 weeks. And that was leading into the Holiday season.

Have in faith in Modelhaus. Now, as for the Postal Service all bets are off.

I started this thread on Nov. 21 just after I actually did place an order. I replied to my original post when my order did indeed arrive. It was Dec. 16. Not quit 4 weeks. And that was leading into the Holiday season.

Have in faith in Modelhaus. Now, as for the Postal Service all bets are off.

The USPO may have its hiccups, but after last week, I'm more worried about UPS and Federal Express.

Charlie Larkin

The USPO may have its hiccups, but after last week, I'm more worried about UPS and Federal Express.

Charlie Larkin

Yeah...sounds like UPS has some scalability issues during high demand periods. The USPS has been pretty reliable for me for the most part, the only misdeliveries I have seem to be UPS ( I get a lot of UPS deliveries as I'm an Amazon Prime customer).

Had an odd one w/ the USPS on a recent eBay purchase--the tracking indicated it was delivered to a sorting facility in NY state in Dec 16, no activity recorded until Dec 26th then got it here in Phoenix on Dec 27th...wonder what was up those 10 days..

Thanks for posting pictures of every ones Modelhaus scores.

For some reason I can't use the quote function- but I really like that '68 Barracuda, John !

I've wanted to build one like the car in the movie "Gone Fishin" (Your 1;1 is really nice too)

When I was 15 I wanted to buy a '67 Barracuda coupe with a slant 6 /three in da tree, the car was really clean but had a rod knock that was so bad you could dance to it. The guy wanted $75.00 for it but when I took my Dad to look at it, my Dad said "no way" because of the knock-back then a slant from a junk yard were dirt cheap-but the 'Old Man had the last word.

I think the '67 coupe is going to be on my next order from Modelhaus.

• 1 year later...