Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just because we can:Car to truck conversion.

Austin T

Nice! Much better than the one I built a few years back (and no longer own).

IMG_70651-vi.jpg

IMG_70661-vi.jpg

IMG_70681-vi.jpg

Though mine was basically an '86 El Camino parts donor kit, which had no engine or wheels when I got it. I didn't know what the Regal nose was from at the time, but I now think it was an old AMTsnap-together NASCAR kit. I also added a Vortec 4.3 V6 from a '95 Sonoma and some American five-spokes.

• 1 month later...

l wish l could post pics! l have a '67 1/2 "Palamino" l started a few months back. l used a junk '67 lmpala body, cut the roof & deck lid off, leaving the rear, vertical part of the trunk in place. Next l cut the roof & top edge of the bed/tailgate from a '68 (hence '67 1/2) el Camino. l cut it to fit the curves of the lmpala's rear fenders & got it very close to perfect! Very little putty/filler will be involved. l will also be able to use the el Camino's bed floor & inner walls. So far it looks like GM could have made it. l had planned on building it as a factory stock phantom (is that an oxymoron?) car. l don't think the hot-rodder in me will allow that though!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I had an idea last night for the charger,After sacraficing an elcamino parts car I got this.

post-8818-0-61572800-1354499398_thumb.jppost-8818-0-73324500-1354499425_thumb.jppost-8818-0-51290700-1354499458_thumb.jp

The lines flow ALOT better then what I attempted to do at first.I see lots of superglue and dremel time in my future.I also had someone give it a name, The El Kacharger

Edited by Austin T