Model Cars Magazine Forum

the new guy

Hello fellow plastic junkies! My name is john (aka Q-tip ), I live in northern Indiana and have been building since I was knee high to a fuel tank.( about 36 years). I build ww2 aircraft and trucks. I know' I know' playing on both teams right? Not really,by building weathered aircraft its not only a training tool but its also a history lesson. Then take the building and weathering teachings over to the truck side and the next thing you know scratch building,application of road grime and airbrushing doesn't seem to be so far out of reach. Once I figure out how to send pics I'll get them to you. P.S. for the guys building wreckers,guess what? I do drive and operate a 50 ton rotator doing recovery work on i69 and i 80/90. Building plastic is my stress reliever.

I'm a car/truck builder who's working on a Dumas wood Chris Craft now just for a change of pace. Whole different deal but enjoying it. I've got a trailer for it but now have to decide what to use for a tow vehicle. Thinking maybe the 65 Chevelle wagon since I have one of those. Any suggestions?

What scale is the boat? Land air and sea run in different scaling. For instance I'm building a 1/25 scale Pete 352 with a scratch drop deck, but the load will be an 1/32 scale f5 tiger jet. So the measurements between the two are as follows..1"=2'1" for 1/25 scale and 1"=2'8" for 1/32 scale aircraft. Close enough to just look right,and it should look just cool when its done.

boat is 1/24. trailer is from the Revell Elco with bass boat from the 90's. boat fits on trailer almost perfectly. I just always loved those Mahohgany Chris Crafts. Dumas kits are actually pretty nice. All the bulkheads and keel are laser cut and as long as you glue up everything square they go together well