Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Comet stoplight to stoplight car.

FEENIX

This is what is going to be a street/strip car. Something that someone would drive stoplight to stoplight. Nothing fancy. Keeping it able to modify on the weekends to hide what might have happened that the cops are looking for from the weekend ;)IMG_2537.jpg

the car with hood scoops sanded off and gaps filled along with the side emblems shaved off and the motor.

IMG_2538.jpg

the other side badge shaved

IMG_2539.jpg

back side of the motor

IMG_2540.jpg

the seats with mold lines and excess sanded and shaved off along with the other pieces.

IMG_2541.jpg

what will be the grill...

Thank you for looking. more pictures to come soon. :D

Edited by FEENIX

I am using the AMT 1967 mercury comet kit even though it was made as a cyclone gt in the kit. i.e. the badges and decals are set up for a cyclone GT. I am using slixx decals for a 64 comet. and the motor came from this kit minus the intake manifold and above and the pulleys which came from the 68 firebird 2'n1 kit. I drilled a hole in the front of the motor to fit the distributor.

IMG_2542.jpg

great start on this one I like the motor. what color are you gonna paint it

I'm gonna be painting it metallic blue "X-13" color and a two tone interior "X-23" and "X-18" with updated gauges

IMG_2547.jpg

and yes that linkage came straight from that kit

Great concept! After seeing the work you've done on the kit-supplied grille, I'm assuming someone makes a P/E insert. That ought to look sharp when complete.

It appears AMT used the same underhood "sheetmetal" on this as they used for the Fairlane, since the shock towers don't have any top assemblies. If that's going to be a concern for you, this may be of some help http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58515.

I'm looking forward to seeing how that Tamiya paint turns out. Sounds like a great color combination.

gaps filled and sanded ready for the placing of the decal, only its not gonna sit on top there. I'm gonna carve into the dash inlay and set it in the back and then 5 minute over it so it'll dry clear like a glass over it.

IMG_2557.jpg

• 2 months later...

So it has been a while and I have taken some time to paint some warhammer miniatures but I am back in action doing models again and it feels good... here are the most recent pics for this build. Hope yall like'em

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

comments as always are welcome :D

also this is only the second mist coat. I am not done with the final coats yet

• 2 weeks later...