Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete 359 Big Sleeper Updated (6-3-2014)

Dont forget your permits and pilot cars. Got to be legal now!

Looks really good JT. Paint looks beautiful. Are you gonna make a visor, that would make the truck pop.

i hope work lets up some, no time for my little trucks. I picked up tge last 2 rolls of D.O.T. tape that was on ebay last weekend, now i can start doin it right, again gotta be legal!

• 1 month later...

Looks really good! I like how the condo conversion turned out. Did that trailer start life as the AMT Lowboy? Looks good, as well. I have one that I did a similar conversion on.

Now, this is just an observation, not a criticism: In real life, those transformers would probably weigh around 10-12 tons each, if not more... They'd be full of heavy, copper wound cores and liquid coolant... With twelve units, that'd be 240,000-288,000 pounds on that trailer... Three would give you 60,000-72,000 pounds, more than worthy of "Over-Size-Load" banners and flags. Again, I really like what you've done, here. Again, this is not a criticism, just the sharing of information.

Oh, and I LOVE the Allied Van Lines unit, in the background. You definitely do great work.

Hey, Chris....LOL.. :D ....250,000 pounds plus would really make it a Lowboy......Thanks for the info on the transformers.....I really had no clue as to how much they would really weigh....I had so many left over, I had to do something with them....Thought it was cool that they just happened to fit on the back of my lowboy.....And, yes, this one did start out as an AMT lowboy....I've never liked the length....Too short for my taste, so I reworked it a little bit...

And, thanks Guys for all your great feedback.....

Yeah, 250,000 would put both truck and trailer on the ground... <_< I reworked mine AMT lowboy, as well. Stock, it makes a good heavy equipment trailer, i.e. D8 Dozer, backhoe, roller, paver, etc... But I dropped the center section and stretched it to 53', pretty much the same way you modified yours.