Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratchbuilt Tatra 603

kennb

Getting some progress on the interior. Pbobably going to be on holsd a bit since I ran out of glue. This this seems to eat glue,,,,,gone through an entire bottle and still have a long way to go. Anyway, I have the seats both roughed out, one on the way to compltetion and the dash is done. I tryed building up the steering wheel and as you can tell it did not work out right. Back to the drawing borad on that one. :)

P1010012.jpg

P1010015-1.jpg

Kenn

This is just amazing and audacious, especially on a car with such complicated contours. I don't envy you having to get the chrome trim down to a smoothly uniform, consistent thickness. How do you plan on doing the front glass over the headlights?

EDIT: I would suggest you retitle this topic so people can quickly see what it's about, like Tatra build, instead of New to Forum.

Edited by sjordan2

This is just amazing and audacious, especially on a car with such complicated contours. I don't envy you having to get the chrome trim down to a smoothly uniform, consistent thickness. How do you plan on doing the front glass over the headlights?

EDIT: I would suggest you retitle this topic so people can quickly see what it's about, like Tatra build, instead of New to Forum.

Thank you for the comments. The chrome is going to be a challange, I have not decided how to do it yet.

I dont know how to change the title. I have tryed with the total edit but cant seem to figure it out. Any help?

I would suggest you retitle this topic so people can quickly see what it's about, like Tatra build, instead of New to Forum.

I agree with Skip; if nothing else, it might attract folks who don't know what a Tatra is, or even have a clue what one looks like. You're doing an amazing job on this, and I'm enjoying the progress photos.

Not one of the pertiest cars I've seen but the Build of it is just

INCREDIBLE

I can scratch build a Part But to Scratch build a Whole car including tires?

WOW!!

Body looks Fantastic and the Lil Hemi :D Looks Great...

Even the looks of the 1:1 is starting to grow on me.. :)

I love to see this kind of building. The time and effort here are commendable. Outstanding vision and execution. Really puts things in perspective too - think about all the times we say "well, nobody makes that, so...". That didn't stop you! Thanks for the build and all the in progress posts.

I agree. This would make a heck of a feature article. Ken, if you're interested, PM me.

(By the way, I re-named your topic. Hope you don't mind.) I thank you for that ,,,,,only one minor problem,,,,,you copied my typo,,,,it is a 603

:lol:

Amazing scratch build...

kerbside would have been an achievement... but now with engine and underside deail it's brilliant work...

Have the colorcoat on. Rattle can black. I have not sanded or polished yet, still tacky. I have to wet sand and they put on final coat and clear coat. I will let this set up for about 3 or 4 days before I do any more on the paint. I have spent some additional time detailing more on the frame and the interior. More on that with the next post.

P1010004-3.jpg

P1010001-3.jpg

P1010005-5.jpg

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010002-3.jpg

P1010006-3.jpg

KennB

Looking awesome. Quite a build. I would say, however, that black paint will show off every single imperfection in any model, especially one that's scratchbuilt. Actually, I thought the shiny parts of your gray primer looked pretty good.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I think you went to paint too soon.

You put in some amazing scratchbuilding here, very impressive to say the least. But you should have taken the extra time to really finesse the body, and remove all of the flaws (or as many as you possibly can). A shiny coat of paint will not hide the flaws, in fact just the opposite: the glossy surface reflects the light and even the smallest imperfections become very visible and obvious.

I would seriously suggest that you keep on sanding and working on the body surfaces. A scratchbuilt project like this deserves it.