Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang Boss Mid-Engined

Paxton

I saw this listed in the index and thought it was going to be something I would hate! But I'm open minded so I looked...

WOW! Excellent job of integrating these 2 VERY different bodies into a beautiful one.

The Grady Davis paint scheme is PERFECT for it too!

Just FYI for those who are not Ford GT 40 and Gulf racing fans...

This paint scheme was applied to the GT40 that was bought for use on the road by Grady Davis, an executive of Gulf Oil Company. The car was raced by Grady with other professional race drivers with some success. The light blue scheme used a couple of years later by John Wyer on the Ford GT that won in 1968 and 69 and its team mates, then used on the Porsche 917s in the early 70s and other John Wyer racing team cars with Gulf Oil sponsorship, and is often imitated today, was developed from this scheme. While I've been fond since 1968 of the light blue scheme, I have ALWAYS felt this dark metallic blue was far prettier than the light blue.

Mark Gustavson should see this for his "Custom Clinic"...Makes those Kustom Kemps pale by comparison of styling.

Unless you are already doing styling then you have missed your clear career friend.

This is so impressive I cannot find flaw with any cues.

This is the nicest Mustang of any kind posted on this forum i am certain of that.

The South of France is harboring a great automotive mind. Is it the water? Or the Perrier'?

OUTSTANDING!

Bob