Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Shops between Indy and Denver

I don't know if you're going anywhere near, but there's a great hobby shop in Colorado Springs that has alot of old models as well as the new releases. All I can really tell you is it's downtown and the guy who runs it is Carl Quick. Really wish I could remember the name though! :wacko:

Compleat Games and Hobbies, IIRC. I went there pretty much every week when I lived in the Springs '97-02.

That's it! Thank you. That was gonna make me nuts 'till I remembered it. I wonder if Carl is still there? I lived on Custer street through '01. We probably passed each other there more than once! :lol:

I was there (The Springs) until Fall '96 ... Carl was a fixture at Compleat from its Day One. BTW - Prior to being downtown on Tejon Street, Compleat was in the Southgate Shopping Center near the Broadmoor ... Carl was the resident expert on all things then, too. Don't know about later (post '96), but Carl didn't own Compleat ... he was just its brain, brawn, and nerve center. NOTHING he did not know about armor or war gaming!

In the early days, he was weak on cars ... it was always fun to catch him with automotive kit LKFs (Little Known Facts), but he always got even with military trivia!

One more thing ~ either of you remember "Road Apples"?

B)