Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

your getting close to what i would say made by a factory with the latest high tech machinery that makes like 500 of a model and then they scrap the molds. Just awesome. are you keeping any of the original plastic parts? i can see this becoming the all metal of some sort cuda. except for rubber and glass/plastic window

Hi Bill,

I came across your build, while searching for what exactly, I forgot, lol, on Google. I read all 44 pages and signed up, just to congratulate you on an awesome, jawdrop.gif build.

I have never, ever seen anything so amazing, especially in this scale. if you have a chance to show us, how you did some of your machining, as part of a tutorial, that would be amazing, if it is not asking too much. I am a Mopar fan and to see a Hemi engineered like this is beyond words

Looking forward to further updates

Ken

Hi Ken, it is very kind of you to join just to leave a comment, are you a model builder?? this is an awesome forum to share with, look around and you will be blown away with the talent on here! this build is all of the things I have all ways wanted to try my hand at, the engine is my first time ever touching a mill,, and my first scratch built chassis as well, not sure I'm the one to do a tutorial, a real machinist would laugh at my common attempts, but I am having a great time learning new things and that is what a hobby is all about, and I'm a Mopar man to the bone, this build is one thing I see when I try and represent for us Mopar guys, thanks again

Hard to beleive Bill usually only builds snap kits......

Just kidding, Bill's work is off the meter. If you stumbeled on this site, hang around. Theres some amazing talent on here. What some of our members do with brass & plastic is incredible.

BTW: Having another Mopar guy around here isn't a bad thing. Welcome aboard!

lol John, so true, thanks bro

SICK FISH is all i can say B)

thanks Todd

your getting close to what i would say made by a factory with the latest high tech machinery that makes like 500 of a model and then they scrap the molds. Just awesome. are you keeping any of the original plastic parts? i can see this becoming the all metal of some sort cuda. except for rubber and glass/plastic window

hi Jake, yep your right , I will have a complete Cuda kit left minus the body and glass :wacko: sad thing is I think it was a fairly rare kit, I have never seen another one like it, thanks buddy

I just found this through a link on Hemmings.com. I am completely blown away by this build! My model-building is pretty much limited to what comes in the box with maybe some commercially available photo-etched parts added. Unfortunately, my eyesight has gotten so bad in my old age that I don't do much building anymore, but I can sure enjoy watching you build this Cuda!

I just found this through a link on Hemmings.com. I am completely blown away by this build! My model-building is pretty much limited to what comes in the box with maybe some commercially available photo-etched parts added. Unfortunately, my eyesight has gotten so bad in my old age that I don't do much building anymore, but I can sure enjoy watching you build this Cuda!

Bill, I'd say you're making quite a splash in the Mopar universe, here's a link to a mention about this baby over on Hemming's Blog!

http://blog.hemmings.com/

Hi Ken, it is very kind of you to join just to leave a comment, are you a model builder?? this is an awesome forum to share with, look around and you will be blown away with the talent on here! this build is all of the things I have all ways wanted to try my hand at, the engine is my first time ever touching a mill,, and my first scratch built chassis as well, not sure I'm the one to do a tutorial, a real machinist would laugh at my common attempts, but I am having a great time learning new things and that is what a hobby is all about, and I'm a Mopar man to the bone, this build is one thing I see when I try and represent for us Mopar guys, thanks again

Hi Bill, Yes, I have been checking out other builds and yes, there are some great talented builders here. I am so glad, that one of your wishes to do something like this has come true. The outcome is really amazing. I believe most of us here are not anywhere close to being a machinist, let alone own a lathe. so, your tutorial maybe very helpful to those of us that are new and that are wanting to attempt a similar project. I am sure the fellas here agree with me, no matter how you do it , it is the final outcome that truly matters. :)bow_down_together-966.gif

Btw, I do build models, mainly AC 1/32 and some 1/48. I had a 68 Roadrunner 383 car that I restored and was my daily driver, it was stolen and was never recovered, which sucks big time, so, to compensate for my loss, I started build Mopar car kits, mainly Roadrunners...lol.

Best regards

Ken

hi Allen, some one posted it on Hemmings website? I will have to check that out, really appreciate the kind words sir, I know what you mean about the eyesight, mine is not as good as it once was, thanks again

Bill, I'd say you're making quite a splash in the Mopar universe, here's a link to a mention about this baby over on Hemming's Blog!

http://blog.hemmings.com/

thats pretty wild Mike, thanks bro

Man, this thing is more real than my fullsize project cars! Probably with more detail too. Incredible to say the least.

thanks so much Albie

I'm hoping you figure out how to do torsion sprung front suspension...

hi Mike, unfortunately I'm not going to use a torsion bar set up on the front suspension, it will be a strut type, thanks

Very nice work!!!

Marked.

thanks Juan

Hi Bill, Yes, I have been checking out other builds and yes, there are some great talented builders here. I am so glad, that one of your wishes to do something like this has come true. The outcome is really amazing. I believe most of us here are not anywhere close to being a machinist, let alone own a lathe. so, your tutorial maybe very helpful to those of us that are new and that are wanting to attempt a similar project. I am sure the fellas here agree with me, no matter how you do it , it is the final outcome that truly matters. :)bow_down_together-966.gif

Btw, I do build models, mainly AC 1/32 and some 1/48. I had a 68 Roadrunner 383 car that I restored and was my daily driver, it was stolen and was never recovered, which sucks big time, so, to compensate for my loss, I started build Mopar car kits, mainly Roadrunners...lol.

Best regards

Ken

thanks so much for the encouraging words Ken, they are truly humbling, you should share some of your builds with us, I know everyone would love to see them, sorry to hear about your Road Runner, that would be heart breaking for sure

Oh no you got the travel alllll wrong it should move another. 000006" now you have to tear it all apart and redo it.............im joking im kidding bill your work is amazing ...im almost tempted to kidnap you and make you build my mo dels just so I can claim i did all the work. I can't wait for the next installment