Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Pete 378

Italeri kits are typically nice to build.

When it comes time to install the cab and sleeper,temporarily install the hood first. Then align the cab/sleeper as a unit to the hood, cement the cab/sleeper in place, that way the hood won't fight you if you install the cab/sleeper first then the hood.

The overflow reservoir tends to foul out with the underside of the hood and requires some careful placement (trial and error).

Tim

Looking good, James. I am building Italeri´s 377 Pete which is the same kit except for the different shape of the hood, SBFA and aero kit. These kits are very nice to build, like Tim said. Parts quality is far better than the RoG´s and no fit issue whatsoever. So far that is. Still got some things to complete.

The 377´s front springs look okay to me even though there are only two leafs on the real truck. I wonder if the springs of 378 kit are correctly shaped. I never found a good picture of the front suspension. Can anybody shed some light in it?

I am sorry for the question, I didn´t mean to hijack the thread.

The springs on both kits are not the right shape. The 377 front spring is more of a heavy-duty spring you'd see in a 357. The 378's is totally wrong in the leaf count. With that said - I'm not about to make all new springs on every build - that would drive me insane - so I overlook them.

Tim

Looking good, James. I am building Italeri´s 377 Pete which is the same kit except for the different shape of the hood, SBFA and aero kit. These kits are very nice to build, like Tim said. Parts quality is far better than the RoG´s and no fit issue whatsoever. So far that is. Still got some things to complete.

The 377´s front springs look okay to me even though there are only two leafs on the real truck. I wonder if the springs of 378 kit are correctly shaped. I never found a good picture of the front suspension. Can anybody shed some light in it?

I am sorry for the question, I didn´t mean to hijack the thread.

• 5 months later...

first off, "nice rack"... I'm sorry I had to say it and I am shocked that I am the first to. The truck is looking really cool so far and as for a color selection? I think its a matter of what direction you would like to go with the truck? If you are looking on putting alot more chrome on it, maybe a darker color like a black or dark blue something that will look sharp but also make the chrome pop! But if you are looking for more of the stock application maybe a bright color like a yellow? Or even stick with a nice suttle color like a silver or grey. None the less this kit looks absolutly amazing to build and seeing your progress is making me wanna go and get one.

<Me sitting here kicking myself in the @$$ emoticon goes here) for not getting this kit! :lol:

ive got to get back on my 377 :blink: .....got some final work to do on mine before i paint....oh FFFFUUUUNNNNNN!!!! :wacko:

Great work so far!...id say paint the fenders a dark blue....and do a matching blue stripe down the side and say the heck with the other paint cause it looks real good in that silver! :wub:

Italeri kits are typically nice to build.

When it comes time to install the cab and sleeper,temporarily install the hood first. Then align the cab/sleeper as a unit to the hood, cement the cab/sleeper in place, that way the hood won't fight you if you install the cab/sleeper first then the hood.

The overflow reservoir tends to foul out with the underside of the hood and requires some careful placement (trial and error).

Tim

How true!!!

This model looks super plain before you start adding the chrome bits to it, to the point of almost being disapointed building mine. Then, once finished with all the equipment on, I just can't get my eyes off of it. The Italeri Pete is a really nice truck model. I bet that even if you leave the silver color alone and add the chrome parts, the cab skirts and BMF detailing it's going to look great! Put your company name on the doors and you're done!