Model Cars Magazine Forum

ScaleDreams has closed

I have faith in Rick. If he says everyone will get their orders, they will. He's going through a rough patch right now, but he's a man of his word. His computer at home is still down and he's using his phone, of which I can vouch that the email app that is available on androids sucks. He may not reply to emails, but he IS filling orders and getting them out as time allows. Please be patient with him.

Very sad. I spent quite a few dollars there. I've sent Rick an email and left a telephone message letting him know that I'm interesting in buying Scale Dreams if he's interested. No word back.

Jim, he's still not sure what he's going to do. I think he wants to finish filling orders first and then take a break to see if he can get back into it. I don't think he's done, he just needs a break. Running a business by himself takes a toll and he needs some time for himself and family.

Yes,I also have an order with Rick. I have been dealing with him for a lot of years.There's no doubt I will get my parts.To the others,I guess you have never had to make a life altering decision that affected your family.

Joe, if you got your parts within 2 days from Rick,would you finish your project within 3 days? Yes or No.

I don't even know why i'm answering this after what i previously stated at the end of my other post, i guess to humor you. I need them move ahead on my build, With that said i will just order more and have extra whenever the others show. sorry i ruffled your feathers, and yes i have had to make life altering decisions in my life before. I have nothing further to ad to this thread.

Most aftermarket products suppliers I have dealt with estimate 3 or 4 weeks turn around on an order. Any thing sooner is a plus. I have dealt with Rick since before he opened Scale Dreams. From what I have seen, he has ALWAYS gone the extra mile to make the customer happy. I had a hundred dollar wheel order from him lost by the Post Office( allegedly stolen from my mailbox) He had no responsibility to cover it, and he did out of his own pocket. In my book, he id tops.....'Z'

Rick's a good man. He'sa mem,ber of our club. He is HONEST and forthright. IF you did order something YOU'LL GET IT! Trust him.We ALL have ruff times in life an this one is his. Just hope for the best for HIM, and have patience, he'll come thru!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Good luck. I've sent several emails and a few phone messages trying to buy the business and have never heard back. We lost a fantastic supplier with Scale Dreams. Fortunately, a few others have tried to fill in the void that was left.

Yeah I was hoping for the same thing.

Casey - did that and send him an email I had from a previous order. Maybe he'll respond to one of them.

Thanks guys.

• 1 year later...

I purchased some things from them at the last Detroit show in the fall. With a young couple and a couple of kids I see why they are not producing a product. Just not sure why they would not sell if they do not have the time.

Maybe they foresee a time when they'll be able to reopen the business?