Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moon Tank Decal Emblem

I searched on Moon Fuel Tank images. The trick is to find a huge image with a clear representation of the label. I found one that was 2593 x 1936 pixels at 96 dpi. It looked like this:

Moon-Fuel-Tank-web.jpg

A few minutes of Photoshop magic and I came up with this:

Moon-Fuel-Tank-Label-Master-final-web.jp

Shrunk down to the appropriate size and printed on white glossy paper or white or clear decal paper it should look fine. I blanked out the capacity amount (7 gallons in the original) so you can put in your own if you like. Thanks for mentioning this as I've been wanting to do one of these for a while. It was quick work and now I have one for my own use. I have a 600 dpi orginal that's much larger if you want it, Just PM me with your e-mail and I'll send it to you

Edited by Bernard Kron

Sweet! That would look perfect stuck down on a square of Bare Metal Foil. (Clear decal paper of course)

Wow! Great suggestion. I hadn't thought of that! I just bought some beautiful Moon Tanks from Joe Cardoza at JDS Racing while attending this year's NNL West. The prettiest machined aluminum tanks I've ever seen, especially the glass beaded one. This will be the perfect accessory for it, especially using your BMF trick.

post-9039-0-40046900-1411439755_thumb.jp

See: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93632

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing decals for Moon tanks. They should be out in a few weeks. I may not list them on eBay since I had a bad experience with Moon Eyes USA who bullied eBay into removing my listing for the Moon Eyes Dragster decals (now referred to as Dean Moon's Dragster in my price list). Feel free to email me at doctordwp@gmail.com for an updated price list and order form. I have not yet finalized the tank decal but the sheet will likely have 4 tank decals. Pricing to come shortly. I am still selling the decal set seen in the January Issue of Model Cars Magazine for Dean Moon's Dragster - you know the yellow iconic dragster from the 60s that I kitbashed in the article. This eBay experience is a classic example of having too many lawyers. Why hassle hobbyists? I doubt that I will ever again buy any products from Moon Eyes USA.

By the way. The tank decals will be labeled "Fuel Tank Labels" with no reference to that object that circles the Earth!

Last comment. I print silver so the decals will be silver on black on a white, opaque base. They will be available through Scale Auto Details. I hope to have my website and on-line store up and running before NNL East 2015. The URL will be www.scaleautodetails.com .