Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your Chevy S10!

Wow nice truck nick! Just really nice. It also has the zq8 suspension package and wheels. Wish I could find a clean zq8 like that. Did ya pay a pretty penny for it? lol

Well I didn't get off that easy on the price even though a friend ownes the dealership. More that $4000 but less than $8000 is all I'll say.

Your truck is looking Great Nick..

Do you have a straight on side pic?

Not on me, but I'll get you one tommorow.

Nick

Future plans are to get... 1 side emblem to replace the stolen one...

Nick

Ya know fishing line and alcohol to remove all the others is cheaper right? :lol: Just kidding. Good looking almost 100% original truck....and I only say almost just because the bug guard, vent shades, and the bed cover aren't factory. Great Find!

Edited by Skydime

Ya know fishing line and alcohol to remove all the others is cheaper right? :lol: Just kidding. Good looking almost 100% original truck....and I only say almost just because the bug guard, vent shades, and the bed cover aren't factory. Great Find!

Nope there Dealer, been there since the truck was delivered 05/06/01 to Ontario Motor Sales.

Nick

Found the original bill of sale for it today in the glove box with every piece of paper I think ever related to the truck, even gas receits.

Edited by Nick Winter

Nope there Dealer, been there since the truck was delivered 05/06/01 to Ontario Motor Sales.

Nick

Found the original bill of sale for it today in the glove box with every piece of paper I think ever related to the truck, even gas receits.

you just got your trucks history report in your hand!(not saying its complete but majority of it is)

got a car fax from my buddy the dealer the day I told him that the truck would find it's way home with me, I'm the third owner, only one fender bender 12/14/01 and it was only a cracked front bumper, which was replaced at Ontario Motor sales. The first two owners were father and son.

Nick

got a car fax from my buddy the dealer the day I told him that the truck would find it's way home with me, I'm the third owner, only one fender bender 12/14/01 and it was only a cracked front bumper, which was replaced at Ontario Motor sales. The first two owners were father and son.

Nick

Nick

so its a 1 family owner!? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my entry!

000_0005.jpg

Nice build. I just wish that AMT would have released the real Xtreme in 98 up trim instead of the Xtreme prototype, called The Hugger. BTW, I also wander why the box never mentioned it was a prototype. Here is what I am talking about. http://www.texassser...otype-Trucks...

Edited by Skydime

Yeah, I didn't know they even did a dually until I saw that. I was kind of diggin' on the 4 door dually because of the regular length bed. I always thought to myself, "Now why in the world would they release a 4wd only crew cab and put such a stubby, useless bed on it?" It's obvious that, if they didn't make a 2wd, it was for work purposes. So, why would they build a truck for four-five workers and leave no room for tools and materials? Anyway, I'm thinking of building a model of either the crew cab or regular cab dually now. I think I can do it as long as I don't have to scratch tiny parts.

Edited by Skydime

They built the first dually in 97 (the blue crew cab). I first seen pics of it in a Sport Truck issue in 97. It WAS going to be a regular production truck for the Brazilian market but never made it that far. It sat at the Warren, MI plant for 2 years (while they built a few more prototypes). They were all finally auctioned off in late 2008. Whoever has those trucks definatly has a beast. I prayed for them to go into regular production, but there wasn't much of a demand for them.

I have always wanted to build the crew cab dually, which is why I've been searching for pics (for close to 10 yrs). I had that magazine issue put up so I could use it for reference when the time came, but over the years it vanished.

Edited by grimreaper

I probably saw it too somewhere and don't remember. I remember seeing so many slightly modified S10s with everything colormatched, in the 90's, I couldn't keep the GM builds straight from the consumer builds. :lol:

Edited by Skydime

Nice build. I just wish that AMT would have released the real Xtreme in 98 up trim instead of the Xtreme prototype, called The Hugger. BTW, I also wander why the box never mentioned it was a prototype. Here is what I am talking about. http://www.texassser...otype-Trucks...

Wow, I never knew all that. Thanks for the info! Kinda neat.

I built a couple of GMC's back in the '90's.

1996 GMC Jimmy 2WD, lowered, converted from a S10 Blazer 4x4 with the front half of a GMC Sonoma 2WD chassis spliced in. Dont worry, the 4WD chassis parts and transfer case were spliced into the PU Truck's chassis, and is awaiting to be built as a lifted truck. Yes, the wheels date it (Testors Chevzoom), but I wouldn't change a thing. I built it back in 1996.

2005_01140009.jpg

1994 GMC Sonoma in my favorite color combination back in the day. I also have a Chevrolet S10SS in the same color combination in a box, somewhere in my collection to go with it. I started this in 1995, and finished it in 2009, due to not being satisfied with the paint, but I had to finish it, as I needed a slump-buster at the time, and it was 75% done for all those years.

2008_1220xmasmomameeting080045.jpg

2008_1220xmasmomameeting080047.jpg

I built a couple of GMC's back in the '90's.1994 GMC Sonoma in my favorite color combination back in the day. I also have a Chevrolet S10SS in the same color combination in a box, somewhere in my collection to go with it. I started this in 1995, and finished it in 2009, due to not being satisfied with the paint, but I had to finish it, as I needed a slump-buster at the time, and it was 75% done for all those years.

2008_1220xmasmomameeting080045.jpg

2008_1220xmasmomameeting080047.jpg

wow that is a nice combonation .... i have to ask what color of blue is that?