Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg's '64 Plymouth "Lawman"

Bartster

I saw this car run in late '64 against Dick Brannans then newly built 427(not SOHC) at U.S. 30 Dyer,IN

I remember commenting what an ugly color combo on it. I believe, and going on memory here, that the red was a brown or at least a very dark maroon.

As an aside, And IMHO the derogatory remarks about Fred Cady decals was uncalled for. Fred was a fixture at the Chicago area shows and I sometimes had the pleasure to be a "table neighbor". Just remember, before Cady decals there was no one else!

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the factory '64 wedge cars were hardtops. All of the factory hemi cars were 2 door sedans. Many of the hardtops were updated with the hemi. The Larry Davis Super stock book had lots of errors. One of them was the color of the Lawman. It was not candy red. As a person who saw the car in person in 1964 I can say for sure that it was bronze and not red. The Aed car has a slight red look to it which is due to the lighting when the photo was taken. Turbine Bronze Metalic was used on Plymouth engines in 1958 but I'm guessing that the car might have painted by the Alexander Brothers so it could have been some custom mix. Looks like the same color was used on the Golden Commandos cars in 1965.

Edited by afxmustang

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

this body shell has always had a big ol' kink in the belt line right at the C-pillar that I'm not making out in this photo!  Wonder if the builder leveled that or Round2 did...

I believe that would be the builder.  

The built-up at Toledo was done before Round2's purchase of the Lindberg tooling

I believe that would be the builder.  

The built-up at Toledo was done before Round2's purchase of the Lindberg tooling

This could possibly be the original proposal buildup that Bill Coulter did for Lindberg's management way back in the day....at least ten years ago....  TB  

This could possibly be the original proposal buildup that Bill Coulter did for Lindberg's management way back in the day....at least ten years ago....  TB  

Actually it is the original proposal buildup that was on display at iHobby 2009.   It's just a little late ....

DSCN0036-vi.jpg

Per John G. all the Super Stock parts for this kit are new tooling due to bad planning from when Lindberg first designed these kits. Their 64 Plymouth and Dodge kits were completely separate tooling. They were never designed to share parts between the two. That's always been the reason for the delays.

-Steve

• 1 month later...

Update per John G. at Round 2, as of today 16 November 2015: 

"The kit IS scheduled for 2016 release and should be in modelers' hands sometime in June if not sooner. Required parts are being newly tooled currently to improve the kit over the original mockup that has been shown. A new retro box illustration has been completed and it's only a matter of time."

Cheers...TIM 

Again Tim, Thank you for keeping us informed. I for one appreciate it very much and I am sure that I am not alone. I am a very patient person but knowing what is coming does help "a lot ". I am looking forward to this one and also looking forward a whole lot of other exellent  models that are also right around the corner. Thank you.      Jeff 

Update per John G. at Round 2, as of today 16 November 2015: 

"The kit IS scheduled for 2016 release and should be in modelers' hands sometime in June if not sooner. Required parts are being newly tooled currently to improve the kit over the original mockup that has been shown. A new retro box illustration has been completed and it's only a matter of time."

Cheers...TIM 

Tim, how about a thread about the other kits you talked about on the "other" board ? :rolleyes:

Tim, how about a thread about the other kits you talked about on the "other" board ? :rolleyes:

Greg...the info on the other board  was actually posted first here at ModelCarsMag forum a couiple of days ago.  It;s in the AMT/Round 2 2016 products thread.  

Thanks for asking/suggesting.   For those that don't want to go searching for it, I posted the following at 7:29pm Saturday night:

I had a nice visit with John G of Round 2 today.  

He OK'ed me passing along that the new Surf Woody kit will have extensive photography of the original car, an entirely new tooled set of drag slicks representing the 1/1 scale original, and matching "dual whitewall" pad printing on both the front tires and rear slicks.  There will even be decaled representations of the murals on the inside of the Woody cab that were apparently on the original car.  

He also said that the '29A roadster reissue will use the "Mod Rod" version box art (this was the c.1969/70 reissue just before the '73 "Street Rod Series" version).    The missing pieces of the original AlaKart will not be retooled, but all the gates will be opened which will provide a number of "bonus" parts.  The kit will also include the antique racing options for the stock roadster version, which will provide a very convincing "Race of the Gentlemen" type model.  These plans are tentative, of course, and subject to change.  

Finally John mentioned in broad terms some future projects they are investigating.  Suffice it to say, these guys are very, very creative,  Looks like the next couple of years will see no letup in Round 2's business model and as a result, we as builders appear to have much to look forward to.  

Cheers...TIM 

s...TIM 

Edited by tim boyd

• 2 months later...