Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

yeah thatd be great, especially being a ford truck guy. i want a model of a 78 ford f250 like my grandpa has he inherited it from my great grandpa who passed away last year. The dually is my best friend's uncle's truck we used it to move the truck 30 miles. the truck fired right up afterwards. The thing is pretty darn solid for an ohio truck. im mean 1 rust spot on the bed and no holes.

545167_450619261634675_298308084_n.jpg

582268_450620908301177_783920575_n.jpg

You just about can't force those late 70's Fords to rust. My Thunderbird is rougher than your Grandpa's truck, but it is still very solid.

Now I can only hope somebody at Moebius is a 77-79 T-Bird fan . :lol:

Edited by wrecker388

Wow! From Dave and Art's posts it looks like things are moving right along. Considering that when they unveiled their intent in Toledo, we all figured the model would be a year out. I'll be buying a bunch of 'em... in fact, no need to sell single kits, just package them as 6 packs! :rolleyes:

Really where are the pictures? A picture is still worth a thousand words, and with inflation possibly more.

I , too , would love to see a stock 1980-1986 F-100 ! Y'know , one of those years with steel wheels / hubcaps , 2-wheel-drive , fleetside with a flareside option , etc. , etc.

And the option of an inline six (300 I-6) or a small V8 (Windsor ) ; Cruise-O-Matic or "creeper" 4 speed .

1985F150.jpg1985F1501.jpg

This looks like my dads 85 Ford . He had no cab lights but the colors are the same. He drove that truck for 450,000 miles before the head gasket went . Never gave the Bronco front end a thought.

Riley, uh hate to disagree with ya , but the Fleetside Ford trucks , ( 70 onward ) had a LOT of rust out along the rear wheel house where the inner fender was spot-welded to the bed side . I think you simply lucked into a nice example . Hey, call anyone at Dennis Carpenter Ford re productions in North Carolina if you think I'm making this up. I drive a 78 myself . I've also owned a real hard working 79 F-350 too. They rust , trust me ..................

Riley, uh hate to disagree with ya , but the Fleetside Ford trucks , ( 70 onward ) had a LOT of rust out along the rear wheel house where the inner fender was spot-welded to the bed side . I think you simply lucked into a nice example . Hey, call anyone at Dennis Carpenter Ford re productions in North Carolina if you think I'm making this up. I drive a 78 myself . I've also owned a real hard working 79 F-350 too. They rust , trust me ..................

Well, the car's don't rust out too bad anyway.

I'll be working on For Pick-up mock-ups for the next few days - will try to post some photos before I pack eveything up and send it back to China.

Hey Dave, are we still going to be able to see some pics? I'm really excited to see how they'll look!!! :)

I have had a few conversations with Dave......just VERY busy. Moebius has a lot of kits across the auto, Sci Fi and figure lines....Dave works on them all. All is good as far as I know and I am sure Dave M will post when there is something for public eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here are a few "sneak peek" photos of the new Ford pick-ups.

These are tooling mock-ups NOT test shots.

There are several corrections to be made and I'm expecting a new set of 3D files in about a week.

If all the corrections have been made we may be able to start tooling sometime early in April.

I could have test shots in hand mid - late June.. If all goes well kits could be here in August / September..

I'd like to see them earlier than that but won't make any promises.. Too many opportunities for schedule to slip!

003-M.jpg
002-M.jpg
004-M.jpg

007-M.jpg
011-M.jpg
012-M.jpg
019-M.jpg

Edited by Dave Metzner

VERY nice !!!

If the tooling 'proofs' look this nice , I can only imagine that the finalised products will be stunning !!

Is the engine in that final pic supposed to represent the "385 Series" ( 429 / 460 ) or the "FE Series" ( 352 / 360 / 390 ) ; or is it perhaps a "335 Series" (351C / 351M / 400) ?

Looks great no matter what :) .

Thanks for sharing !