Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius ProStar - Test Shots

I've been waiting since December for my Lone Star and Pro Star.........I don't want to, but if the quality is as good as I've heard it'll for sure be worth while waiting on. I have two of the Moebius trailers in the box just waiting for equally good tractors to put in front of them.

Why are you waiting on the LoneStar? That kit has been out for well over a year now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken so long - sometimes things need to be fixed and it takes time to get them right - Had issues with frame length and hood / front bumper hinge arrangement - then issues with rear axle spacing - took three test shots to work out all the bugs - by 4th test shot I'm pretty satisfied that we got it right -

Instruction book was another major undertaking - that work is basically done by one guy - not a staff of several graphics artists.

The hard part is done now, so all we have to do is get them here and on store shelves..

We have several new kits in various stages of development beyond the Ford Pick-up trucks- Mostly car kits. look for announcements later this year.

Edited by Dave Metzner

Sorry it's taken so long - sometimes things need to be fixed and it takes time to get them right - Had issues with frame length and hood / front bumper hinge arrangement - then issues with rear axle spacing - took three test shots to work out all the bugs - by 4th test shot I'm pretty satisfied that we got it right -

Instruction book was another major undertaking - that work is basically done by one guy - not a staff of several graphics artists.

The hard part is done now, so all we have to do is get them here and on store shelves..

We have several new kits in various stages of development beyond the Ford Pick-up trucks- Mostly car kits. look for announcements later this year.

Keep em' coming. New model vehicals of any type are good with me. Ok, I was just kidding, more Big Rigs!

Only for information. Guys from Czech Truck Model prepared PE parts for this model (prostar). For Lonestar are this PE parts excellent (including interior colour parts). I can recommend it. Excellent work.

Edited by Pavel A.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the chassis and engine are the same as the lonestar??

I know the exhaust and air intake are different.

I have ordered an T909 from Auslowe and that needs an Lonestar kit as chassis donor but i like to buy the prostar because i have allready an Lonestar.

The Prostar cabin i want to use for an stretched and lowerd custom truck on an italeri chassis.

Thanks christiaan

Dave has moebius thought about doing a new trailer for hauling cars? Teh Revell one is nice but it is out dated just a thought the newer trailers have the cars over the rig on the top of it if I recall three of them on the rig and six on the trailer anyway I have the lonestar and I have two of the new pro star ordered from moebius thanks for putting a two great kits out

Does anyone know if the chassis and engine are the same as the lonestar??

I know the exhaust and air intake are different.

I have ordered an T909 from Auslowe and that needs an Lonestar kit as chassis donor but i like to buy the prostar because i have allready an Lonestar.

The Prostar cabin i want to use for an stretched and lowerd custom truck on an italeri chassis.

Thanks christiaan

Hi. I believe the the engine is the same. The chassis on the prostar is shorter than the lonestar from the pictures. Also the prostar has its front axle set back.

Ben

Just read the review of the prostar. The engine is the same. The chassis is definitely shorter.

Ben

Edited by Bennyg