Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little setback on the wheel choice for the F430

ismaelg

Hello,

I got today the wheels I bought on the 'bay to China (Bless the internet). But as Bob Downie warned before, they are small for the F430. These are about 17 scale inches. They may work in the 308, but the F430 looks like a wheelbarrow with them :lol:

Somehow, I don't like the wheels in the Revell kit. I'll keep looking.

Any suggestion?

Yes, I have a wheel fetish :lol:

dc_1.JPG

Thanks,

You aren't the only one with a wheel fetish Ismael. I just ordered two more sets from HLJ.

What style are you looking for?

What about the Fujimi Sportec wheel or the NT-03 +M?

Here's my Wheel kits page. Maybe you can find something in their?

If I can help let me know.

Chris

I don't know if you have a source to buy the Maisto diecast F430 cheap, but I got one of the kits w/two sets of wheels (only one set of tires :roll: ) for about 6 or 7 bucks. Their F430 wheels are better (and bigger) than Revell's or Fujimi's. These are the split 5 spoke design. Great tread detail too. If you want the BBS style rims, only Fujimi makes them currently in a size that looks right; either on the Optional Parts version or the Challenge version.

If you don't mind a slightly blingy appearance, there's a set of Pegasus BBS style wheels that look good inside a set of their 23" sleeves. I almost used this combo on my Z06, looked great up close but from across the room they looked just a bit too big so I stuck w/the Ferrari rims.

The stock Revell rims are sufficient if you lower the car a bit. Dave Thibodeau built one that way and it looks pretty good.

I bought to sets of these and they are excellent! I bought them for my Ferrari Modena's...

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID5082428P451...s-five-lug.aspx

Those are nice (I have a couple sets of them), but they are a scale inch in diameter smaller than the ones in the F430's. They do look great on a 360 Modena.

Scale Auto Style did the best ones; slightly larger than Fujimi's but SAS is OOB :cry:

What do you think of these for the F430? Too blingy? I would de-chrome and refinish them in aluminum or silver.

I would use the kit's tires or something else "meatier" than those rubber bands.

AOS_34934.jpg

AOS_34927.jpg

Thanks,

See for yourself. They are both 2-piece wheels that you can paint the centers in whatever color/finish you want and leave the outer trim ring chrome if you like. Paint the centers aluminum or gunmetal or black for a less-blingy appearance. I kind of prefer the LXZ's, but without painting them I can't say which would look the best. The choice could be color-dependant. Perhaps order both sets :wink:

Borphes1-vi.jpg

Borphes2-vi.jpg

LXZ1-vi.jpg

LXZ2-vi.jpg