Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's a picture of my last truck I drove. This was my buddies truck that I drove for him for 5 years. I used to haul auto parts from Syracuse,NY to the metro Detroit area and back. I used to run through Canada to Port Huron, Mi. I used to get alot of compliments on this ride. It had a 550 Cat, backed with an 18 speed. She used to run right up there around 100-105. Not that I never did that!!! The truck has since been sold to another friend of ours and now pulls either a dump trailer and a garbage wagon. Someday, I am going to buils a replica of this in 1/25. Thanks for looking! :)

Thanks Greg!! I hated to step out of this truck believe me! I had so much fun driving fo 23 years. With all the rules and regulations, any more it's not worth driving. That's just my 2 cents! Kudos to all that do drive for a living though!! God bless and safety to all! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greg: As a matter of fact I have seen that Marmon running around here.

If i'm not mistaken , I think he lives a couple of minutes from me. At one time it said Tiger on the door. I think he runs for somebody different now. I like that truck. It's a good looking ride. I was (and still) a big Marmon fan. I used to run with a bunch of guys out of PA than all they ran was marmons. Both COE's and Hoods. East Penn to be exact. I'll see if I can't snap a pic of that Marmon around here. 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Johnny,

The 379 looks superb. I don't know what the regulations are like in the US or Canada, but here in the UK they are very strict. Every Single aspect of running and operating a truck is controlled in law. It seems everything in life these days is regulated!! :roll:

Great Truck.