Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round2 models just being mean

Lots-O-diecasts out there Christian, go getcha one! ;)

Even the reasonably priced Matchbox and Ertl examples are nice, and I have seen the Danbury go as low as $40 USD before too...

I think RMR does a resin as well, not sure which diecast its based off of though...

Those aren't AMT's cases anyways. Ollie's had a monstrous pile of them in Lindberg branded J. Lloyd boxes that they couldn't seem to give away for $3.99

Jim,

A. Do they still have any?

B. Are you near one?

C. Are you coming to NNL-East?

If so, could you grab me 3 or 4? I'll pick-up/settle the tab with you there.

Thanks.

Charlie Larkin

... is it even legal to show a product on the packaging that you don't sell yourself?

the idea was probably generated by the firm's lawyers. obviously there will be one mcdonald coffee drinker who felt cheated because the disclaimer was not clearly worded enough and he expected the truck and case in the box. the attorney could plead to the jury "we don't even make that model" and the "case" would be thrown out of court.

If they really want to make many of us happy and sell a lot of kits these would be hot sellers....

67-72 Pontiac Grand Prix

64,67-70 Bonneville HTs

69 Impala

late 60s to early 70s Lincolns

bring back the early 70s Dodge van kits

Camping trailers

new 60s station wagons

anyone that can bring the old Johan kits back out even their snap kits

Anything that has not seen the light of day in over 30 years would work...LOL...its just an idea.

the idea was probably generated by the firm's lawyers. obviously there will be one mcdonald coffee drinker who felt cheated because the disclaimer was not clearly worded enough and he expected the truck and case in the box. the attorney could plead to the jury "we don't even make that model" and the "case" would be thrown out of court.

Exactly, and as some companies only make cases, those firms would be unable to use pictures of their products in-service.

Charlie Larkin

Anyone who can't sell 1/25 display cases at 3.99 should call me. Since the Colossal Mart Of Wal stopped selling them (along with models...) display cases are retailing for well over 20 bucks a hit here in Canada--and not even fancy ones with the chrome base like the one pictured.

That Power Wagon is from "Vintage Truck" magazine. I have one and it's beautiful. I don't know who built it though.

The magazine puts out a new truck every year. I've got about 10 or so. I finally told my wife to stop buying them because I don't have room to display them.

I thought of it the other way, that the company that made the model is not mentioned and loses sales because the company that sells the box has nothing on the box about who made the model.

I can understand that a company that makes display boxes only will have a difficult time showing it in use but what they can do is have a picture of the box with a model like we see here but on the box you will also find information on who made the model.

And if AMT sells displayboxes it does feel more natural that they show it with one of their products inside even if the box does not originate from AMT (the kit does not have to either as long as it is currently in AMT lineup). It makes more sense to me anyway.

Since round2 now owns Lindberg, then regardless of who used to sell it under the Lindberg label, Round2 has the right to put any of the companies labels they own on it and sell it.

Who knows, maybe the '34 Ford pickup will get reissued in original AMT artwork boxes as an AMT kit again.

hobby lobby had a metric s... ton of them today. the long trailer truck size was 6.99. not sure of the brand.

Joe, where abouts are you located? I know a few Hobby Lobbys have come to New England, at those prices, it might be worth the trip from Boston's Metro-West if you're in Rhode Island, New Hampster or Holyoke.

Charlie Larkin