Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Finally was able to add one of my holy grail kits to my stash today. For years I have been attempting to acquire either of the two Tyrone Malone race hauler trucks. Every time I tried to get one the price was either already too high or it went too high (Ebay) for me to even consider buying. Today I was finally able to get a complete, sealed inside, Hideout Truck for less than $100.

Only a few more holy grail kits left to go and life will be complete, LOL!

Tyrone%20Malone%20Hide%20Out%20Truck.JPG

Edited by 1320wayne

At the Classic Plastic Model Club Christmas party, I got the Revell 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RS in the Christmas Swap and a Revell 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Yenko/SC 427 Coupe in the monthly raffle. Plus, an Nikon L310 digital camera...an early Christmas present from my wonderful wife! Thank you honey!

001.jpg

Edited by mrmike

Let's see, this weekend....

A new set of paint brushes- gold-fibre synthetic. Much stiffer than the white nylon, and hopefully, much better quality and easier to clean.

A can of Testors flat black paint, a bottle of Tamiya thinner to use with my paint for air-brushing and a new tube of glue.

Tomorrow, I intend to purchase a fresh can of Plasti-Kote T-235 primer to replace a can that went missing on me at MassCar. I think someone borrowed it (I'm sure with no malicious intent, but I didn't discover this until I got home.) What really hurts is that it was an almost-new can.

Charlie Larkin

Went to the annual, what I call, the Model Empire "Super Sunday Sale".

Kits-

'67 Plymouth GTX Sox & Martin (new release)

Sheriff's Blazer (sealed)

'56 Chevy Del Ray (started/painted, looks complete)

'78 Pontiac T/A (open, not started, looks complete)

Chrysler 300 (open, started, looks complete)

Paint/glue bombs, parts-

'78 Pontiac T/A (parts or rebuild)

'80(?) Pontiac T/A (parts)

Pontiac Fiero (rebuilder)

'69 Hurst Olds 442 (parts or rebuild)

'4? Mercury (decent build, nice paint, put back together)

'58 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (basket case, parts only)

And finally, the 1/8th scale '82 Corvette Collector's Edition from Casey. Pretty good day.IMG_3560.jpgIMG_3561.jpgIMG_3562.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

I am envious of you.. we don't have anything like that here. if it was not for Micheal's, hobby-town, and Walmart.. there would be nothing here.. there use to be a ton of places. All but those 3 stopped selling models ( Walmart just started back up again ) and here to get glue bombs for parts/restore there is only one place trying you luck with evilgay I mean ebay.

Sorry to hear that. I, and other modelers here(on the forum in SE Wisconsin), are lucky to have...well, more than a few hobby stores and shows. I happen to live within 2 miles of 3. Not including Michael's or Hobby Lobby(too far away). I try to stay away from ebay, but sometimes it's almost the last option for something specific that's out of production. However, there are many other online options/links to buy from including Model Empire. www.modelempireusa.com

I am envious of you.. we don't have anything like that here. if it was not for Micheal's, hobby-town, and Walmart.. there would be nothing here.. there use to be a ton of places. All but those 3 stopped selling models ( Walmart just started back up again ) and here to get glue bombs for parts/restore there is only one place trying you luck with ebay.

Hey Derick,where in Idaho are you?

I might be able to help you out with parts if you ever need anything.

Rich

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...