Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

That is CRAZY, and sad!!  -I intened to build all my kits -rare or not, but I still only save a very few boxes after one is finished, like for instance, I have an unopened original Aurora Chitty Chitty Bang Bang that when built, I will display the box.

Dann.... I am the same way plus the old boxes are great for storage and being able to keep track of whats what.  To make things even sicker after our tornado I had to toss out some old boxes/instructions/decals to some old kits,etc. I have due to there getting soaked and damaged beyond any use...now there in baggies...:(.  Plus the old boxes remind me of better days and make me smile just looking at them.

Dann.... I am the same way plus the old boxes are great for storage and being able to keep track of whats what.  To make things even sicker after our tornado I had to toss out some old boxes/instructions/decals to some old kits,etc. I have due to there getting soaked and damaged beyond any use...now there in baggies...:(.  Plus the old boxes remind me of better days and make me smile just looking at them.

Same here -miss the good ol days as well.

I got a 53 Chevy kit and a sedan delivery body and 1954 grille. Also got 1965 Monaco kit unmolested condition. I got the Round2 Honda Trail 70 kit and the Joey Logano Fusion NASCAR snapper and a proper exhaust pipe for it. The kit has pipes coming out both sides which they haven't done in ages. I neeed the chrome inset for the tail light and two of the stock wheel covers for the Monaco

Edited by lordairgtar

The kit has pipes coming out both sides which they haven't done in ages. I neeed the chrome inset for the tail light and two of the stock wheel covers for the Monaco

Not to mention the chassis is pre COT chassis,  so technically, its accurate for the chassis and time period, the chassis is from Revell's Pro Finish NASCAR kits.

One of those was dug in my granny's garden near Munich. I played in it when I was a kid.

What exactly is it? My impression from the box art is that it is some kind one man armored box? If it is, I'm seeing more disadvantages than advantages to this. It maybe mobile. But how mobile in heavy fighting? And how does one get in and out of it quickly? Plus, I bet it gets hot in there when sealed up. The Germans are great engineers. But this one doesn't look to be one of their better ideas.

I question the overall usefulness of warfare in general. Obviously I'm the only one.

Sometimes it can be very useful in preventing very bad people from taking over the world.

Being from England, I'm sure you remember a quite nasty group of individuals called the Nazis that needed a little intervention.

Steve

Grail arrived today!  An AMT '60 El Camino with a perfectly clean bed. Nothing ever glued into it, which is rare.  It also has the front bumper lower pan, often missing from these kits.  It is missing one rear chrome taillight, but I have some of those.  The paint is thick and goopy but all the emblems are there and untouched.  And the emergency light glued on the roof left a mark but it looks fixable.

Also arriving today: the Hasegawa '68 Mazda Cosmo Sport in the markings of the Hiroshima Prefectural Police. The HPP used these little Wankel-powered screamers as highway interceptors.

I got this one because I'm currently working on the racing version of the Cosmo that ran the 84-hour Marathon de Route at the Nurburgring in 1968. That's right, EIGHTY-FOUR hours!  "Achtung, Pierre, I see your wimpy little French race and raise you 60 hours!"  Two Cosmos ran. One finished fourth, behind a couple of Porsches and an Alfa, IIRC.  The other broke its left rear axle after 82 hours.  This was the very first race for the Wankel engine and the Cosmo, so that was quite an achievement.

The Cosmo kits are well-engineered and just fall together.  They have the usual molding seams running fore-to-aft, but that's easily seen and fixed.  They are curbside. Unless you find one of the very rare and expensive versions with the white-metal engine.  Then you'll have to cut the hood open.

The you-know-where seller offered this one for a starting bid of $10.99, a great deal.  Someone tried to snipe me at the last second and raised it to $11.99. Still a great deal.

elca.jpg

cosmo.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...